Humanitarian People Aid (HPAID) – is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization in Somalia particularly Puntland. HPAID is a voluntary humanitarian & development organization that has been established in 2009. HPAID is Voluntary humanitarian and development organization that is dedicated to help the vulnerable population. HPAID Will to provide effective humanitarian support to the affected conflicts population in Las’anod, Sool region.
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/she will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
LAB TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
A Lab Technician is a professional who is involved in every aspect of laboratory work, from recording data to maintaining equipment. They’re responsible for various tasks that follow strict guidelines and regulations, including protecting the accuracy and efficiency of experiments while keeping labs organized.
LAB TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Designing and executing laboratory testing according standard procedures
- Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Skills and Qualifications
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Degree in Lab, biology, chemistry or relevant field.
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
- Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field.
The job duration will be 2 months (May – June 2023), with possible contract extension.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in on PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +252 905222260. Application deadline is 8th May 2023, 12:00 AM.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the Subject Line indicating the position location. Examinations and Interviews are expected to take place as soonest.