P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
NRC Somalia is part of NRC’s East Africa and Yemen regional operation which comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across Ten countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Yemen, Eritrea, South Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania and Sudan). NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to enhance protection and promote the rights of displaced people in humanitarian need by improving living conditions and seeking durable solutions. The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardization of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Participate in activity planning, coordination and execution of the Food security for increasing access to food for vulnerable households and market price monitoring activities
- Responsible the FSL operational activities; and field assessments, market price monitoring, distributions of vouchers, and redemption of voucher in Sanaag.
- Regularly monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site, verifying if the amounts received have been properly recorded as suitable, damaged or suspected to be damaged
- Assist in the implementation of the plans of action, review achievement and constraints, and provide feedback accordingly
- Remain alert to identify and appropriately report any emerging FSFV issues
- Represent NRC in Sector and Cluster meetings in the Sanaag Area
- Ensure that all documentation of the Project is promptly and correctly filled and archived as necessary
- Carry out weekly market price monitoring to determine market impacts
- Prepare weekly, biweekly and monthly reports and also assessment reports as appropriate
- Supervise, train and appraise the FS Project Assistants.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate in agriculture, social science, or related qualification with a minimum of three years previous experience in livelihoods and food security assistant. .
Technical education expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
What We Offer
Contract period: 09 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Hargeisa
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.