POSITION: Logistic & Storekeeper
HIRING COMPANY: Al Huda Phones & Computers
LOCATION: Bossaso, Somalia
AVAILABILITY: Can join immediately or maximum 1 Week
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Yearly contractor
Deadline: 19 December 2022
The Storekeeper is responsible for well receiving and checking of all incoming supplies which include different type of electronics goods. The incumbent is expected to ensure accurate and precise records and stock are maintained; data discrepancies are recognized and brought to the attention of the appropriate supervision and make sure warehouse is maintained in good and hygienic order. Ability to handle a large volume of items in a well-organized manner.
Logistic & Storekeeper Duties.
- Receive and forward all types of goods and deliveries in and out of store.
- Responsible to verify all goods arriving at the store are in good condition, as per the associated invoice/packing list
- Follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the warehouse.
- Check the quantities in the system, monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based store needs.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities, Ensure storage areas clean.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reporting any and all/or damage to senior management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
- Preparing customs forms and filing paperwork with government agencies.
- Reviewing contracts to ensure they meet legal requirements, such as including all relevant information on tariffs, duties, taxes, and fees.
- Coordinating the transport of cargo from the port of entry to final destination using carriers such as trucking companies or shipping lines
- Communicating with foreign customs officials to ensure that import procedures are followed properly.
- Communicating with carrier companies to ensure that all shipping requirements are met, including documentation requirements such as bills of lading or packing lists
- Open to any candidate.
- Male, 20 years old and below
- Good Physics shape
- Secondary level or in any related course.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Logistics & Storekeeping specifically in Somalia.
- Experience in Electronics specially cellphones & Laptops is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, written and reporting skills.
- Expert on using Excel and MS Office applications.
- Basic Knowledge in using QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of proper store keeping and inventory management.
- Has experience on deliveries and stock inventory in warehouse VS store.
- Able to communicate in English is an added advantage.