WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Date of Issue: 28th December 2022
Closing Date: 12th January 2023
Why Join WFP?
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide support to WFP Somalia Air Operations and Logistics Cluster Common Services Provision’s logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
• Process documentation for the execution of logistics operations (Work Orders, Landside Transport Instructions, Transport Purchase Orders, and Stock Transfer Orders) to support the movement of humanitarian cargo from the WFP Port Warehouse to the WFP AAIA Warehouse and finally to the AAIA.
• Process documentation (Service Level Agreements, Pro-forma) for the provision of logistics services on a cost-recovery basis (e.g., transport and warehousing) to Logistics Cluster partners in Somalia.
• Assist in the management and timely processing of Logistics Cluster Partners’ requests in the WFP Service Marketplace, by assisting partners through the registration and request process if required.
• Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all inquiries with inquiries standard of a client service mindset.
• Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from the source to the beneficiary
• Assist in the management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
• Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
• Take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
• Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support of informed decision-making.
• Liaise with an internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
• Provide guidance to other support staff, to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. An advanced diploma in logistics, supply chain management, business administration, economics, and social science or a related functional area is required. A degree in the related functional area is an added advantage
Experience: At least five (5) years of relevant professional work experience in Supply Chain.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is required
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and Time-Management
- Good communication skills
Terms and Conditions
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline:12th January 2023
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.