Fulltime / 40 hours a week
Contract length: 8 Months
Location: Burao, Somaliland – with travel to the field when necessary
Oxfam has been working in Somalia and Somaliland for over 40 years, predominantly with local and national partners, but also with some direct implementation.
Historically and currently, Oxfam has delivered both humanitarian and development programmes with significant focuses on advocacy and local/national civil society development. Thematic areas of programming include gender, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security, fisheries management, civic engagement, political participation and improving economic opportunities, particularly for women and youth.
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To work with Drought Response and resilience team for improved Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Somaliland.
JOB PURPOSE: The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for collecting Monitoring and Evaluation Information as per the agreed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework, collecting and inputting all the information gathered according to the agreed mandatory fields for completion in the database. Data must be managed efficiently, with accuracy and in relation to the timing requirements in support of field team requirements for reporting. Prompt action will inform the Senior MEAL Officer and teams of completed monthly data sets for final authorisation. The MEAL Assistant therefore must ensure all data collected and entered is accurate and must ensure effective coordination and planning with field staff central to all resulting information flow, the post holder should understand their position in having access to and managing a large volume of confidential information. The integrity and professionalism of the post holder is therefore an essential and non-negotiable attribute required of this post.
- Contribute to timely and quality reporting on program activities.
- Producing clear and quality reports that demonstrate accountability and learning.
- Collecting best practices and case studies, which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Compiling and cleaning output database on monthly bases.
- Appraising the project activities and progress reports and streamlining the partners’ work and documentation.
- To work with the MEAL officer in collecting and entering MEAL information as per the agreed MEAL plan
- Support handling the accountability feedback mechanism.
- Handling feedback/complaints from the beneficiaries and other stakeholders based on the minimum requirements of Oxfam.
- Testing data collection tools and training enumerators effectively.
- Planning and leading all kinds of field monitoring activities including PDMs.
- Analysing quantitative data using pivot tables
- Drafting PDM reports and producing on-time field reports.
- Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- University Degree in Statistics, economics, development studies or Social Science
- At least 3 years experience of work in emergency or development context projects with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills.
- Good knowledge in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team (must accommodate other’s opinions and respect all irrespective of position, gender, colour or race).
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Knowledge of computerised systems; high degree of computer literacy and word
- processing, Power point and spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent data collection platforms such Kobo toolbox and others
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Experience in and the ability to train people.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn.
- Individual creativity is an added advantage.
- Have good community engagement and networking skill.
How to apply
Please apply the position by clicking the Apply button. Application Deadline on 27th February 2023. However, applications will be shortlisted as we receive it and interviews will be carried out if necessary, before the end date. Therefore, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.