MIDWIFE (3 Position)
Job Grade: Band 3
Location: Dangoroyo, Kalabayr and Sunijif
Reports To: Head Nurse
Direct Reports: None
Overall Job Purpose
Provide comprehensive advice, care and support to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour and early postnatal period. Conduct a clean, safe delivery and provide care to the newborn. Refer emergency cases to effectively prevent maternal and neonatal mortality and morbidity in compliance with SRCS health policy guidelines and established midwifery care standards and treatment protocols.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Team Leadership & Programme Implementation
- Diagnose, examine monitor and assess care requirements for women during labour and prepare a care plan for childbirth including advice on hygiene and nutrition
- Identify women with greater vulnerability and risks and refer them for specialized care provider
- Provide information, emotional support and reassurance to women in labour and their partners
- Monitor and administer medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
- Provide support to women during labour and birth to ensure normal delivery of the new born
- Manage complications in childbirth, according to the principles of obstetric care
- Support parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Monitor progress of the mother during postnatal period and advice on infant care
- Raise requisitions for replenishment of drugs, consumable supplies for childbirth and care
- Compile accurate data on all childbirth cases and prepare monthly reports
- Attend deliveries both normal & obstetric emergencies
- Work day shifts and night shifts as per the Rota
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes for supporting women during pregnancy, labour and early postnatal period
- Identify capacity-building needs of the auxiliary and volunteer nursing team and ensure they are properly trained and well supported to implement programme activities
- Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and emergency responses.
The candidate will receive 100 usd extra incentive due to the location of the health facility and she will be entitled to one week leave after staying at the facility for 3 months.
Skills and Qualifications
Education: Degree / Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery with experience in maternal and child Health or equivalent qualifications
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, cover letter, in one PDF, to email@example.com
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line. If you don’t write it, you applications will not considered.
Deadline for Applications: 31st January, 2023
Job disclaimer and notification:
Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.