Humanitarian People Aid (HPAID) – is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization in Somalia particularly Puntland. HPAID is a voluntary humanitarian & development organization that has been established in 2009. HPAID is Voluntary humanitarian and development organization that is dedicated to help the vulnerable population. HPAID Will to provide effective humanitarian support to the affected conflicts population in Las’anod, Sool region.
MIDWIFE JOB DESCRIPTION
Midwives deliver patients’ babies in either birthing centers, patients’ homes, or hospital settings. They provide emotional support and guidance before, during, and after labor. They also identify high-risk pregnancies and educate patients and their families on antenatal care and reproductive health.
MIDWIFE JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
We are looking for an experienced midwife to guide patients through their pregnancies and deliver their babies. The midwife’s responsibilities include identifying high-risk pregnancies, referring patients to obstetricians as needed, and mentoring student midwives. You should also be able to provide follow-up care to patients after labor.
To be successful as a midwife, you should be patient, compassionate, and able to handle difficult situations. Ultimately, an exceptional midwife should be able to gain patients’ trust as well as demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Monitoring the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
- Educating patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care.
- Teaching patients with pain management techniques to prepare them for labor.
- Delivering patients’ babies in birthing centers, patients’ homes, or hospitals as well as providing emotional support and encouragement during labor.
- Taking and recording patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse as well as ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
- Helping patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths, and terminations.
- Teaching new mothers how to feed their newborns.
- Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans.
- Providing sound advice to patients regarding diets, exercises, and medications suitable for pregnancy.
Skills and Qualifications
MIDWIFE REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in midwifery or nursing or related field.
- Completion of an accredited midwifery educational program.
- Certified by either the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) or North American Registry of Midwives (NARM).
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as a midwife.
- Basic Life Support (BSL) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certifications.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Patient and compassionate.
The job duration will be 2 months (May – June 2023), with possible contract extension.