Role and responsibilities:
The M&E intern will be responsible for receiving complaints, coordinating the process of resolving the complaint, giving response to the complainant, and compiling reports on the CRFM.
He/She will create periodic summary reports (minimum monthly) on these records from the database and share the report with M&E Coordinator as well as ensuring that complaints are followed up and acted upon in a timely manner and the CRFM database updated on a regular basis.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Work as focal person and receive beneficiaries compliant/feedback reports through hotlines and store the information into prescribed excel database
- Update regularly compliant/feedback tracking excel database and provide further analysis.
- Receive and record information (Complaints, Feedback or Suggestions)
- In coordination with the M&E staff and the area manager, escalate complaints to the relevant person (head of department) and together formulate a response plan.
- Give feedback to the complainants on the progress of addressing their complaints.
- Ensure that all complaints are followed through to conclusion and the process documented.
- Address beneficiary Complaints promptly in consultation with M&E Coordinator in order of urgency be aware of any target timelines for resolving complaints.
- Identify sources of data collection methods and resources needed and related beneficiary complaints.
- Highlight any trends or other issues that should be raised to senior management based on the information received through the CFRM.
- Provide appropriate and facilitative administrative follow-up actions to ensure effective application of Complaint Response Feedback and Mechanism and reporting tools.
- Assist in the establishment and management of a CRFM database and monitoring system for Puntland area NRC programs.
- Produce bi weekly reports on the CRFM and its progress.
- Carry out field visits and identify challenges and inconsistencies relevant to monitoring exercises.
- Assist in documenting case studies and success stories (written & audio) for specific project component and the overall program.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks to the position as requested by the line supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in Community Services and other relevant courses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required
- Prospective candidates must have strong analytical skills as well as report writing skills
- The position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the tasks with little or no supervision. He/she must be diligent in paperwork, have integrity and be able to cooperate with field staff, warehousemen as well as truck drivers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
What We Offer:
Contract period: 6 Months, with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered.
Due to the nature of the position responsibilities qualified interested female applicants can only apply.