- Garowe, Somalia
- time type: Full time
- job requisition id: R17377
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Job Description:
The position will take lead and guide the Global Fund Grant’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) processes, supervising the M&E function under the Global Fund TB Grant. The M&E Lead will develop key grant strategic documents such as the Performance Framework and M&E Plan, and will be responsible for the management of the Third-Party Monitor (TPM), M&E capacity building for sub-recipients and National TB Program team in the Ministry of Health. The position holder will conduct second level data analysis and lead in report preparation to the donor.
In collaboration with Quality Assurance & Strategy Director, the position will also provide support to wider World Vision Somalia/Somaliland (WVS/S) health-related M&E processes, as and when required. The position will backstop the M&E Managers for WVS in general and will have matrix reporting to the PDQA Director. The size of the grant including the Covid-19 and Emergency projects is about U$ 13 million for 2023.
1. 25%- Coordination of M&E; and Tracking of program progress
- Coordinate the tracking of project implementation on indicators against planned targets.
- Plan and coordinate program visits by the Third-Party Monitor for data verification and validation.
- Periodically analyse all program M&E data and lead the process of data interpretation to draw out recommendations.
- Lead second-level analysis of supervision and M&E reports for the program. Identify lessons learnt and share with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Plan and coordinate research and other studies as required.
- Lead in training sub-recipients on M&E.
- Support the use of approved of grant monitoring tools, such as recording and reporting, DIP, etc. Monitor Covid-19 and Emergency drought.
2. 25%- Supervision and mentoring / Capacity Building
- Direct line management, mentoring and supervision of 2x M&E Officers, 6X M&E sub-recipient organisations staff.
- Conduct supervisory visits and ensure quality in program data collection, collation, and analysis of TB Management Unit quarterly and TPM reports.
- Provide supervisory and mentoring support to sub-recipients, M&E World Vision grant and National TB Program staff.
- Build the capacity of sub-recipients including the Ministry of Health (MoH) team to collect, analyse, report, and use program data at all levels to support program implementation in accordance with WHO standards and Global Fund reporting requirements.
- Build the capacity of WV staff involved in the wider WVS/S health portfolio to collect, analyse and report health-related data.
- Plan and conduct onsite program data verifications and data quality audits.
- Coordinate programmatic reviews by the Local Funding Agency.
3. 15%- Reporting and Data Management
- Lead in program data management and contribute to Somalia Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) Work with the Ministry of Health to roll out of DHIS II Management Information System including piloting, troubleshooting, managing changes to software, and capacity building of staff.
- Provide technical support to MoH on database and data management.
- Prepare timely and accurate program performance reports for Disbursement Requests to the donor.
- Disseminate progress reports to sub-recipients and other partners. Review the reports from WHO TB and HIV medical officers and ensure consistency with Somalia national disease reports.
- Contribute to the development of M&E systems including databases as required.
4. 15%-Program Design
- Participate in project design and concept/proposal development and provide relevant M&E-related information for design purposes.
- Lead in the development of detailed implementation plans (DIP) and work plans for sub-recipients. Lead the development of Terms of References for evaluations, studies, and contracting consultants.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Somalia Health Information Management Systems (HIMS) at National and Sub-national levels.
5.10% – Planning and Program Development
- Work with relevant teams and partners in developing program strategies. Contribute to the development and updating of program guidelines.
- Take lead in assessing sub-recipients” M&E capacities. Identify gaps in M&E capacities and develop capacity-building plans.
- Conduct training and M&E capacity support to partners. Provide technical assistance and lead further analysis of assessments and studies on TB as required.
- Support planning, coordination, and facilitation in stakeholder semester program Review Meetings. Plan and coordinate annual program evaluation.
6. 5% – Resource Acquisition
- Lead preparation of the grant M&E Plan
- Lead preparation of grant Performance Framework for the Global Fund Grants.
- Contribute to program periodic gap analysis, writing of concept papers, and preparation of proposals.
7. 5% – Other Duties
- The M&E Lead will deputize the Chief of Party and will from time to time carry out duties signed by the Chief of Party or the PDQA Director.
Key Job Requirements/Qualifications
1. Required Professional Experience
- At least 8-year experience in international development or humanitarian professional with a strong understanding of design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Experience in Global Fund Grants M&E key roles, preferably in TB and HIV programs.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and review of log frames, M&E plans, evaluation design, and reporting.
- Familiarity with program management, budgeting, expenditure, and reporting.
- Proven facilitation, capacity building, mentoring, and training experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation and coaching.
- Experience in data analysis of complex datasets; ability to draw out lessons; competence in using SPSS, Kobo, and MS Excel.
2. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master’s/bachelor’s degree in Public Health and experience in informatics or related fields.
3. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge of TB and HIV or of strengthening health systems.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new Information Management software.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: 20%-25%
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted