Note: The position is subject to securing fund.
Job Title:Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant – ECHO Project
Department / division / team:International Department/Eastern Africa Division/Nairobi office – Somalia program.
NCA Line Manager’s name and job title:MEAL Officer
The central role of this job holder is to assist MEAL Officer in executing effective MEAL system in ECHO project in the assigned district. He/she will support project staff in technical MEAL issues. The MEAL assistant will ensure the compiling of the data and will maintain record keeping system in NCA project information management system.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the MEAL Officer in carrying out assessment and Internal evaluation surveys and analyzing the data.
- Develop a performance Quality effective monitoring to measure progress effectiveness efficiency and achievement of the expected results specifying qualitative and quantitative indicators data sources and data collection methods.
- Work closely with project staff to ensure accountability (CFM) systems are in place that engage beneficiaries and stakeholders in project implementation, monitoring and evaluations impact assessments and research.
- Work closely with project staff to ensure accountability (CFM) systems are in place that engage beneficiaries and stakeholders in project implementation, monitoring and evaluations impact assessments.
- Assist the project team in day-to-day monitoring of the project in the overall implementation and management of monitoring evaluation accountability and information management for a high quality innovative and effective learning programme.
- Establish and support the implementation of a data management system to inform planning implementation monitoring evaluation accountability and learning.
- Undertake regular visits from the targeted areas to support monitoring evaluation impact assessment processes and accountability processes.
- Monitor and document the progress of programme activities against agreed indicators.
- Collect accurate and timely data of programme activities.
- Complete and submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly project results reports to the MEAL Officer.
- Provide additional M&E data to management and Program staff as requested and required in a timely manner.
- Participate in all Program beneficiary assessments monitoring activities, trainings, and reporting.
- Provide technical assistance to Program staff as necessary and requested in order to ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are being implemented across all thematic areas.
- Mobilizing and Making communities aware on project objectives outputs and MEAL systems.
- Facilitate project and activities information for establishing and follow up of complaint feedback mechanism (CFM) in targeted areas.
- Support the emergency response FSL and GBV teams in joint assessment and monitoring of response process and complaint feedback mechanism.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE REQUIRED
- Diploma or certificate in Social Science, statistics, development studies, Monitoring and Evaluation and any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years’ experience of work in emergency with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team
- Excellent coordination skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Work environment: Based in the field in a specific project location with 100% field presence with frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and stakeholders within the project locations.
Travel: Considerable amount of travel is required within the project areas in Puntland.
Contract period: 1 year with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding and performance review.
Salary: According to NCA salary scale.
Duty Station: Dangorayo
Travel: Frequent travels