Action Against Hunger leads the global movement to end hunger. We innovate solutions, advocate for change, and reach 24 million people every year with proven hunger prevention and treatment programs. As a nonprofit that works across 50 countries, our 8,300 dedicated staff members partner with communities to address the root causes of hunger, including climate change, conflict, inequity, and emergencies. We strive to create a world free from hunger, for everyone, for good.
Action Against Hunger USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network. As an independent NGO, Action Against Hunger USA currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia and Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $100 million in programs, and approximately 1,800 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
Development of data collection tools, methodologies and systems
- Review and design appropriate information collection tools and methodologies including ToRs, questionnaires, data entry tools, coding and upload in online platforms
- Develop appropriate project MEAL tools and methodologies, identifying MEAL priorities for projects and follow up on the timelines.
- Ensure that all the designed tools, methodologies and other MEAL activities are in line with Action Against Hunger policies, cluster guidelines and other humanitarian standards such as CHS and Sphere etc.
- Ensure accuracy of data with the field MEAL officers and support in in data cleaning.
Quantitative & qualitative surveys
- Take the lead on conducting requisite evaluations, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDMs), beneficiary Satisfaction Surveys, Post Implementation Monitoring and other related household, FGD, KII qualitative and quantitative assessments in all relevant project locations as per agreement project MEAL plan
- Provide leadership and guidance in survey and assessment process, ensuring the full participation of all parties from planning through data collection to reporting and drawing of conclusions and recommendations.
- Organize a ‘lessons learnt’ assessment and ‘recommendations development’ workshop/meetings following each assessment documenting key areas for improvement / amendment at the next assessment, ensure findings are used to improve the process of the next survey and create recommendations for program
Management & Support
- Contribute in developing, updating, upgrading country MEAL strategy, developing structure, process and procedures for the effective and efficient MEAL of the Action Against Hunger’s ongoing programs.
- Participate in regular project review exercises and technical working group meetings.
- Provide information as required to the respective technical clusters and donors in relation to humanitarian data and be proactive in alerting Action Against Hunger and partners to any humanitarian data, which is of concern.
- Provide input to donor proposals and reports as required and ensure that data is correctly presented in such documents and accurately reflects the situation on the ground.
- Conduct capacity building trainings (where needed) for Action Against Hunger and implementing partners
Learning and project quality
- Support in the development and operationalization of a consortium knowledge management and learning strategy
- Support consortium MEAL and program teams to better document and integrate knowledge and learning in their daily activities through support in the development of appropriate tools, guidance notes and of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
- Organize and facilitate internal and external learning events and participate in the development of review and closure meetings.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
- Foster an environment that reinforces values of people of all genders equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where people of all genders must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
- Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, Economics, or Statistics)
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Extensive knowledge in (quasi-) experimental program evaluation designs
- Broad experience in the design and implementation of capacity building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, ODK)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
- Excellent management, communication (oral presentation and written) and organizational skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Previous experience in Somalia desirable.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.