Position: Multisectoral Community Mobilizers
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Location: Mogadishu, Baidoa, Wajid, Marka, Burhakaba, Elberde, Afgoye, Hudur and Barawe, Somalia
Contract Duration: 31st December 2023
Direct Hierarchy: Multisectoral Project Officer
Starting date: May 2023
Number of positions: Fifteen (15) positions
Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters, or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced, and committed team player to fill the Fifteen (15) Multisectoral Community Mobilizerpositions in different location (Two (2) Mogadishu, three (3) Baidoa, one (1) Wajid, one (1) Marka, one (1) Burhakaba, Two (2) Elberde, Two (2) Afgoye, one (1) Hudur and Two (2) Barawe), Somalia.
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for the needs assessment and implementation of Multisectoral activities in the area. He/she will also be in charge as assigned to him/her by Project Officer for all sectors in target communities. Multisectoral activities are done in close collaboration with Multi sector program team, the local community, the Local authority, and other relevant agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assessment and mobilization
- Conduct field-based needs assessments and consolidate the information for planning and implementing WASH/FSL /FSL project activities in Somalia.
- Translate field assessment findings into feasible and relevant project proposals.
- Mobilize community members to actively participate in WASH/FSL interventions.
- Design appropriate sanitation facilities for the target communities.
- Design and implement a context specific health promotion strategy for the operation area.
- Implement appropriate WASH/FSL requirements, waste management, safe water supply and hygiene promotion, in ACTED facilities.
- Liaise with communities, beneficiaries, and local authorities
- Carry out beneficiary identification and selection.`
- Carry out beneficiary training and sensitization.
- Assist with weekly and monthly planning.
- Carry out daily implementations of field activities.
- Carry out assessments.
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan for all WASH/FSL activities in the area of jurisdiction. Identify forums for community involvement in monitoring of WASH/FSL activities.
- Integrate WASH/FSL into primary activities
Supervision and Training
- Directly supervise the Community Volunteers.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for community volunteers.
- Develop and implement context specific training guides on hygiene promotion for community volunteers.
- Develop Clear plan for Community Water tracking
- Provide timely reports on the field trips, monitoring visits and assessments to the Project Officer
- Compile weekly, monthly and other ACTED substantial reports as may be required; including donor reports.
- Higher Diploma with 1-2 years working experience in the field of WASH/FSL/CCCM or water engineering or other related disciplines; plus, relevant work experience in Food Security and community water, Sanitation, and hygiene programs for displaced populations.
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of water and sanitation projects. Possibly experience in social work and / or humanitarian assistance.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into CCCM/WASH/FSL Programming.
- Fluency in English, oral and written with strong report writing skills
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th March, 2023 with the subject line “Multisectoral Community Mobilizersindicated location eg Mogadishu, Baidoa, Wajid, Marka, Burhakaba, Elberde, Afgoye, Hudur and Barawe, Somalia” Kindly indicate only one LOCATION and Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants, and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.