Position: Multisectoral Project Officer
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Location: Dhooble, Badhaade, Barawe Wajid and Elberde, Somalia
Contract Duration: 31st December 2023
Direct Hierarchy: Deputy Project Manager
Starting date: May 2023
Number of positions: Five (5) positions
Background on ACTED
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters, or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced, and committed team player to fill the Five (5) Multisectoral Project Officer positions one (1) in Dhooble, one (1) Badhaade, one (1) Barawe, one (1) Wajid and one (1) Elberde, Somalia.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities in Dhooble, Badhaade, Barawe Wajid and Elberde, are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Somalia. The incumbent will be attached to the implementing partner in the area and is required to smoothen the partnerships, give the necessary capacity building, guidance and supervision of partner activities. The staff will be the focal point on the ground for ACTED to help in coordination and collaboration with local authorities when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner.
- Liaise with local authorities, local partner and communities as need be
- Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Jubaland and Southwest States as well as with the MEAL department to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities in Somalia, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Write monthly reports as well as Weekly WAMs and share with Deputy Project Manager
- Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects.
- Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with interested departments
- Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
- Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship.
- To manage the field program staff in and monitor the implementing partner. Act as officer in charge of the area base and therefore manage and supervise all field staff in the respective area
- To provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects
- To undertake biannual appraisal of staff under his/her responsibility
- To budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Liaise with FLAT team in the field and area office to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation and organization base support.
- Act as focal point for the base including security follow ups, team leadership and coordination between departments.
- To produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
- To provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management.
- Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate and make sure that the local partner implements the projects as per the ACTED rules and regulations as well as per Donor requirements.
- Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line manager.
- University degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning, or engineering
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience working in a camp setting.
- Previous work with camp management agency
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Extensive knowledge of Somalia displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Must able to align with the organizational values
- Should be versatile and able to perform more than one tasks as deemed necessary
- Dedicate , committed and think outside the box
- Autonomous and able to direct him/herself with minimal guidance
- should have great leadership, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to achieve result with team work and team leadership
- Ensure, compliance, transparency and accountability all the time
- Must have good planning, operationalization and organizing skills
- Must have high and effective communication skills
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th March, 2023 with the subject line “Multisectoral Project Officer indicated location eg Dhooble, Badhaade, Barawe Wajid and Elberde” Kindly indicate only one LOCATION and Apply for ONLY ONE POSITION
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.