Title: Internal/External – Nutrition Programme Manager- Somali National Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
|The Nutrition Programme Manager has the stated purpose of leading the nutrition team for Puntland. The Nutrition Programme Manager is responsible for the effective design, implementation and coordination of activities associated with the Save the Children Somalia nutrition interventions in Puntland. S/He is responsible for leading and managing the nutrition team in project implementation; design of interventions; developing work plans; coordinating with partners in peer programs locally & regionally; stimulating & identifying innovative ideas amongst the team that will meet the project goals; establishing best practices; producing reports; attending regular management meetings both internal and external; coordinating with other SCISOM technical personnel and relevant Humanitarian actors.
Contract Duration: One year
Qualifications & Experience
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition BSc or equivalent
- Substantial emergency nutrition experience of 4-6 years including the design and implementation of feeding programs and their analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating CTC programmes
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments (survey design, implementation and analysis using the SMART method and package, an ability to include sound causal analysis) and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach national staff.
- Experience and ability to represent Save the Children’s nutrition work in external meetings.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Qualified nurse with primary health care / community health care experience
- Awareness and understanding of food security and livelihoods programming options and other generic programming options for addressing the underlying causes of malnutrition
- Experience of distance management of staff/resources in a remote location
- Somali language skills
- Knowledge of the region – Horn of Africa in general; Somalia especially
- Coaching and training skills with a view to capacity strengthening of staff and partners
The Application will close on 22nd January,2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents