Position: Office Assistant
Workplace / location: Bosaso Puntland -Somalia
Initial Contract Details: 1st of March, 2023, 12 months with possibility of extension based on performance at work.
Reporting to: Director
Al Ta’awun Social Society (TSS), is a Non-Governmental and Nonprofit Organization, which is free from politics, clans, and religion and ethnic divisions.
The organization works for needy/vulnerable communities including youth, women, children, people with disabilities in urban and rural areas throughout Puntland State of Somalia.
TSS strives to create a brighter future where youth are able to facilitate their own development and growth.
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) offers humanitarian and social development programs to poor/vulnerable communities in Puntland State of Somalia
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) is inspired by the vision of a strong and vibrant society in which we insist on transparency and accountability.
The Organization is firmly focus in protecting and respecting the rights of every citizen while we encourage citizens to acknowledge their responsibilities and endeavor to fulfill them as expected.
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) strengthen the capacity of Somali Communities in all sectors including but not limited to educational development, environmental rehabilitation, health facilities development and social mobilization towards campaigns particularly for poor/vulnerable families and marginalized communities.
While offering services to the community, the organization treats all the parties equally and similarly without favors.
The goal of TSS is to initiate programs and activities that will positively involve, influence and benefits every citizen towards a better society for today and for future.
Skills and Qualifications
Therefore TSS seeking a qualified person to manage Finance.
- 1. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Completed secondary level education
- Certificate or Diploma in office management or related filed
- Must be a lady.
- Computer skills will be an added advantage.
- OTHER SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to prepare and print routine correspondence, labels, and/or other basic written material.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
- Receptionist skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good planning and decision-making abilities.
- 3. EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of working as an Office Assistant
- 4. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages, and provides general information; greets and directs visitors; answers routine inquiries; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and/or updates files, records, and/or other documents. Maintaining filing system.
- May perform specialized services of a routine clerical/administrative nature in strict accordance with established procedural guidelines, as appropriate to the position.
- Attend, screen and divert all incoming calls and forward messages to appropriate staff and carry out night office duties.
- Monitor all incoming faxes and mail and distribute it to appropriate person, compile outgoing mail and involve messengers for mail distribution to external agencies.
- Develop and manage office files and records and prepare file storage list to enable easy access to files.
- Ensure neat and clean front office area maintain effective environment both employees and customers.
- Maintain all office equipment such as copiers, fax machine and first aid kit to facilitate smooth office functioning. Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed. May order, stock, and distribute office supplies.
- Responsible for floor care, performing various surface tasks, including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and spot-cleaning carpets of all office areas and non-production employee lounge
- Responsible for the maintenance of non-production employee lounge tables, chairs, and counters, carrying out tasks such as dusting, spraying, and cleaning
- Responsible for removing trash in office areas and non-production employee lounge
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms daily
- Responsible for cleaning of windows in conference rooms, management offices, etc.
- Perform dusting, disinfecting, and polishing of surfaces and furniture as needed
- May be required to shop for cleaning supplies as needed
- May be required to stock Kitchen and Board Room supplies as needed
- Responsible for reporting repairs and replacements encountered when executing daily task.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail
- Welcoming visitors to your office
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly
- May run various routine errands, as required, by management
How to apply
Send your CV and support documents latest 20/Febuary/2023, to this email: email@example.com CC Abdirashid.firstname.lastname@example.org