Humanitarian People Aid (HPAID) – is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization in Somalia particularly Puntland. HPAID is a voluntary humanitarian & development organization that has been established in 2009. HPAID is Voluntary humanitarian and development organization that is dedicated to help the vulnerable population. HPAID Will to provide effective humanitarian support to the affected conflicts population in Las’anod, Sool region.
PEDIATRICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
A pediatrician provides general medical care, monitors growth and development, and tracks and administers immunizations for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The pediatrician diagnoses and treats illnesses, medical conditions, and injuries, and eases the lives of children with chronic conditions.
PEDIATRICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
We are looking for a dedicated, compassionate pediatrician to be responsible for the medical care of children from infancy to adolescence. The pediatrician provides general medicine, growth and development monitoring, and immunization tracking and administering. You will also ease children with chronic conditions and offer support and advice to parents about children’s health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs.
To be a successful pediatrician, you should be able to provide an accurate diagnosis based solely on visual and auditory indicators for children who cannot communicate effectively. You should also have excellent decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses, medical conditions, and injuries.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining patients’ information and histories.
- Prescribing and administering treatments, therapies, medications, vaccinations, and other specialized medical care.
- Explaining procedures and discussing test results or prescribed treatments with patients and family members.
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and progress.
- Directing, coordinating, consulting with, and referring patients to nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Advising patients, parents, and guardians on diets, activities, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Conducting research and remaining up to date on current trends, discoveries, and developments in the field.
Skills and Qualifications
PEDIATRICIAN REQUIREMENTS; SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of Lab technician education.
- A license and certification to practice pediatrics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to relate to children.
- Strong decision-making, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational, leadership, and teamworking skills.
- A caring and compassionate nature when working with children and their families.
The job duration will be 2 months (May – June 2023), with possible contract extension.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in on PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +252 905222260. Application deadline is 8th May 2023, 12:00 AM.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the Subject Line indicating the position location. Examinations and Interviews are expected to take place as soonest.