Humanitarian People Aid HPAID – is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization in Somalia particularly Puntland. HPAID is a voluntary humanitarian & development organization that has been established in 2009. HPAID is Voluntary humanitarian and development organization that is dedicated to help the vulnerable population. HPAID Will to provide effective humanitarian support to the affected conflicts population in Las’anod, Sool region.
PHARMACIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Pharmacists are responsible for aiding customers by compounding and/or dispensing prescription medications, providing pharmaceutical information to healthcare professionals, monitoring customers’ drug therapies to avoid interactions with other medications, and providing pharmaceutical expertise to customers on the safe use of medications.
PHARMACIST JOB DESCRIPTION TEMPLATE
We are looking for a qualified pharmacist to assist customers by interpreting symptoms and providing immediate treatment or to successfully refer customers to a suitable physician. You will also prepare pharmaceuticals by reviewing and interpreting physicians’ directives and detect any therapeutic incompatibilities.
To be successful in this role you must be customer-focused and remain up to date with the latest advances in pharmaceutical science.
- Compounding and dispensing medications, as prescribed by physicians.
- Monitoring customers’ drug therapies, advising interventions, and informing customers of any potential side effects.
- Instructing customers on how and when to take prescribed medications.
- Conducting health and wellness screenings.
- Providing immunizations, and other medical services, such as taking blood pressure, temperature measurements, and checking blood sugar levels.
- Keeping accurate customer records.
- Ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
- Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory.
- Adhering to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures governing pharmaceutical practice.
- Performing other administrative tasks when needed.
Skills and Qualifications
PHARMACIST REQUIREMENTS: SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or pharmacology.
- Proven experience as a pharmacist.
- Valid license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and software applications, used by pharmacies, such as MEDITECH and Mediware.
- Great organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The job duration will be 2 months (May – June 2023), with possible contract extension.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in on PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +252 905222260. Application deadline is 8th May 2023, 12:00 AM.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the Subject Line indicating the position location. Examinations and Interviews are expected to take place as soonest.