P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Under the direct supervision of NRC M&E officer, the selected enumerators will take full responsibility for handling all the enumeration-related activities, including contacting NRC beneficiaries over the phone, physical verification, conduct interviews with them based on pre-agreed survey protocols, amongst others.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist NRC M&E department in collecting data as per the program/ project needs.
- Understand the questionnaires before undertaking any interviews with respondents.
- Maintain effective communication with M&E officers/Assistants and other colleagues working in the field.
- Respond to follow up data quality checks by M&E officers/Assistants during data collection and after completion of data collection.
- Report on all field challenges to M&E officers/Assistants assigned to work with in each assignment.
- Represent NRC professionally during the engagement of data collection!
- Contact NRC program beneficiaries through the usage of predetermined questionnaire, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and collect data from them.
- Ensure completeness of survey questions for accuracy and consistent during interviews with respondents.
- File and archive all hard data collected from the NRC beneficiaries ensuring that they arranged probably and in a correct manner.
- Ensures the confidentiality of collected data and data storage are maintained.
- Maintain and safeguarding of all the equipment’s in the call centre.
- Implement field data collections of any type (quick surveys, assessment, Impact assessment) as requested by NRC department.
- Provides data entry services through use of digital mobile data collection systems.
- Ensure timely submission of data collected on daily bases.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- At least a diploma or a degree in of the relevant fields of social sciences, public health research and statistics, education, economic, Administration, development studies monitoring and evaluation and other relevant degree.
- At least one-year data collection and community engagement experience or relevant work experience.
- Experience with digital data collection tools (e.g.ONA, ODK, KoboToolBox, etc.)
- Able to manage the features of KOBO/ODK using android smart phones.
- Demonstrate positive behaviors for consistency, liability, and trustworthiness at work to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good community mobilization skills and the ability to resolve individual and group conflicts.
- Computer Skills- Ms Excel and Office.
- Ability to work independently and with a very limited supervision.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to understand Somali dialect will be an added advantage.
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult field working conditions with respect for basic security rules
- Fluency in both spoken and written English as well as excellent Somali language is required
- Able to travel to remote area when required
- Able to remain impartial and maintain confidence
- Able to elicit information without leading the interviewee
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- High school degree. University degree is added advantage
- Experience in data collection and use of digital data collection tools is desired
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is required
- Prospective candidates must have strong interpersonal skills as well as good qualitative and quantitative skills.
Duty station: Jubbaland (Kismayo, Dollow, Dhobley, BeletHawo and Luuq)
Travel: Enumerators might be asked to travel within Jubaland cities when engaged
Duration and type of contract: short term contracts that are need based
NOTE: PLEASE STATE ON YOUR APPLICATION/COVER LETTER THE AREA YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.