Overview & Responsibilities
The IDLO, in collaboration with other consortium members, is promoting a reformed and modernized Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system through the establishment and operationalization of a new ADR Centre in Somaliland under the Program ‘Strengthening the social contracts through access to justice” funded by the Government of the Netherlands (Also known as Damal Programme). The programme aims to foster the social contract in Somaliland by increasing the legitimacy of justice institutions.
The overall goal of the programme is expected to be achieved through three (3) intermediate outcomes: (1) improved access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution(ADR) mechanism and referral pathways, especially for vulnerable groups; (2) enhanced access to formal justice for vulnerable groups through holistic support to gender-based violence (GBV) survivors and affected communities; and (3) increased participation of citizens in Somaliland in accountability processes relating to the provision of security and justice. The specific mandate of each Centre is to facilitate the practice of ADR and settle claims and disputes at the community level, facilitating and increasing access to justice for the local population, particularly vulnerable categories.
IDLO seeks a short-term professional videographer to produce an animated video on the services of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) centers. This is primarily for the use of awareness raisings and also for orientation sessions within the ADR centres. The videos will explain the justice services available for vulnerable people practically and creatively, both in Somali and English.
Period of Consultancy
The Consultant will be based in Hargeisa and is expected to work in 30 days.
Scope of financial Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The Consultant will be offered a lump sum fee inclusive of travel costs, accommodation, and subsistence allowance during work assignment (where applicable)
Functions / Key Results Expected
Under the overall supervision of the IDLO Programme Manager and through comprehensive consultations with all relevant programme staff and stakeholders, the Consultant is expected to undertake the following:
- Produce animated videos on ADR centre services. The Consultant is expected to develop a design and video production plan in consultation with IDLO.
- Provide video post-production, including infographics creation and editing, promptly in line with IDLO guidelines.
- Develop an infographic of the 2022 programme activities and ADR centres case data, including the number of cases, the nature of cases, services provided, and the hotline’s services.
The Consultant will perform the following deliverables:
- A draft format and plan within five days of signing the agreement.
- Format/concept of the animated videos, to be submitted five days after the approval of the inception report.
- The first version of the animated videos.
- Final animated video formats.
- Infographics of ADR centres case data and programme activities 2022.
To deliver these objectives mentioned above and the associated scope of work, IDLO is searching for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of Justice and Legal Issues in Eastern regions of Somaliland.
- Experience in performing similar Services with the UN organizations and international organizations.
- Experience in working on the production of the showreel of animated videos (English/Somali). This should include examples of previous works.
Education and work experience
- Knowledge of different video formats and video file conversions.
- Ability to film broadcast-quality video and audio.
- Have experience editing skills or other professional editing software.
- Fluent oral and writing in English and Somali.
Specific Technical Skills and competencies:
- Excellent writing skills in English and Somali.
- Exceptional knowledge of the Somali traditional justice system and ability to interact with government officials, justice stakeholders, elders, scholars, and sharia leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and producing an animated video.
Terms & Conditions
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.