Title: Program Assistant – Child Survival – Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day program implementation and managing community outreach activities to ensure efficient and effective sensitisation, mobilisation and participation of the targeted communities and other stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher diploma in health science (Nurse/Midwife/Public Health, Community Health/Nutrition/medicine/pharmaceutical)
- One year of Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Have good engagement with community & experience in community mobilization
- Good understanding in local language and culture practises.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in diverse teams
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Psychological and first aid skills
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.