WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Date of Issue: 1st December 2022
Closing Date: 18th December 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Why Join WFP
The World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners
Female Internship Programme
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates/students across the globe. The programme will provide selected candidates/students with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote better understanding of WFP Somalia’s mandate and programmes. Similarly, the programme will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP Somalia’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. You will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors, evaluates, and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary and financial risks in support of WFP’s country strategic plan for Somalia.
This position is open to qualified Somali female nationals.
What will you do?
- Assist the Safety net team in the implementation of WFP’s Safety net program through government and partner coordination, field visits, and compliance with program standards.
- Assist the Safety net team, particularly the Locust response and human capital components in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
- Assist the planning and implementation of SNLRP/SNHCP SCOPE registration, enrolment, and data cleaning, and coordination with partners on the timely submission of household data as per the project requirements
- Assist project focal point by keeping records of all sim card equipment and share with the project focal points and supervisor on a weekly basis
- Support the SNLRP/SNHCP focal points in ensuring the smooth running of the project and assist in tracking and documenting project deliverables, maintaining the deliverables calendar
- Draft, edit, and translate reports, success stories, communication materials, presentations, and other project documents as requested by the technical team at CO and provide administrative and organizational support to the project focal points in the day-to-day delivery
- Participate in weekly meetings with CPs and Social Protection Units to provide updates and discuss any challenges and agree on the way forward.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Produce weekly progress reports and participate in unit meetings as part of accountability
Do you meet the Minimum Requirements
The Internship Programme is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate Programme (e.g., a bachelor’s degree) at a recognized university, majoring in social science, Development Studies, Economics /or related fields.
- Candidates must have completed at least the first degree in the last 12 months.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Somali
Are you Competent for this Job? Do you have?
- Communication Skills.
- Teamwork Skills.
- Project management for both emergency and developmental program cycle management)
- Writing articles and reports through field engagements and attending coordination meetings
- Data Analytical skills for management and action taking
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration 8 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
18th December 2022
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.