WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Position: Program Business Support (Relief) Intern
Location: Hargeisa- Somaliland
Date of Issue: 1st December 2022
Closing Date: 18th December 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Why Join WFP
The World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners
The Female Internship Programme
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates/students across the globe. The programme will provide selected candidates/students with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote better understanding of WFP Somalia’s mandate and programmes. Similarly, the programme will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP Somalia’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. You will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors, evaluates, and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary and financial risks in support of WFP’s country strategic plan for Somalia.
This position is open to qualified Somali female nationals.
What will you do?
- Provide support to the relief focal point at the AO for the management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- With the support of the Relief focal points, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, program status, performance) to support operational decision-making.
- Assist in following up Distribution Reports (DRS) with the CPs and processing CP invoices in a timely manner and capture in the COMET system.
- Periodically attend the field mission to observe Relief Programme implementation, beneficiary satisfaction, and the overall project implementation status.
- Ensure good management of WFP SCOPE equipment held by the partners, from collection to return; manage their troubleshooting and insure coordination on this between WFP and the CPs
- Follow-up Relief SCOPE cards related issues and provided feedback to the Unit focal point(s) and Monitoring & Evaluation unit
- Produce weekly progress reports and participate in unit meetings as part of accountability.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Do you meet the Minimum Requirements
The Internship Programme is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate Programme (e.g., a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree) at a recognized university, majoring in social science, Information Technology, and/or related fields
- Candidates must have completed at least the first degree in the last 12 months.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Somali
Are you Competent for this Job? Do you have?
- Communication Skills.
- Teamwork Skills.
- Understanding of applicable Information technology application program to-day applications
- Intermediate troubleshooting and analytical skills for basic IT application applications excel, word PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft teams
- Basic report-writing skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration 8 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
18th December 2022
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.