|Work Location : Somalia – Garowe||Type of Post : Not Applicable|
|Other Possible Location :||Funding : APPROVED|
|Expected Travel : up to 50%||Type of Contract :|
|Language Requirement : ENGLISH||Application Deadline :|
|Employee Duration : Full-Time|
Program Quality Accountability & Learning (PQAL) Coordinator is responsible for functionality of country level monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system, knowledge management and oversight of program quality, supporting business development and evidenced-based advocacy and providing leadership to the PQLA team comprised of KM and and MEAL Coordinators. The position holder will be a member of the Programs team and will be reporting directly to the CARE Somalia Deputy Country Director for Programs.
It is expected that this role will enable and significantly accelerate roll out of CO MEAL approach and procedures, ensuring cross-learning among projects, creating systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders, and to build capacity of MEAL staff. the position holder will be responsible for contributing to strategy discussions, providing technical assistance on MEAL for each programmatic sector; and developing successful mechanisms for learning. S/he will be responsible for cross-cutting programmatic information management, monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing programs, and is in corporated into consistently high quality reports and proposal development.
1.Guiding Development and Implementation of Country Office Impact Measurement Systems
- Guide and assist country programs’ MEAL Managers and MEAL team to accelerate design and rollout of MEAL system, focusing on developing and implementing country and project-specific MEAL strategies, tools, systems and plans that are in line with CARE’s global M&E processes and feeds into CARE global indicators/databases.
2.Program Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Produce country level program performance dashboards ahead of all SMT(Senior Management Team) meetings, showing country level program implementation rates, budget burn rates and reporting;
- Ensure programs/projects use the necessary monitoring tools to inform and improve individual program/project as well as feed into a broader country-level data management system and country strategy.
3.Knowledge Management and Learning
- Ensure all key program documentation (evaluations, studies, donor reports, monitoring visit reports) are properly packaged and shared with relevant team members and other stakeholders.
- Take the lead in organizing semiannual and annual Programme Quality reviews and learning events for all projects with relevant programme leads, partners, and other stakeholders.
4.Program Quality and Accountability
- Strengthen upward (including donor) and downward accountability (to impact population/targeted beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders) within the humanitarian and development programmes so as to ensure value for money;
- Establish & ensure that Feedback and Accountability Mechanisms (FAMs) are implemented/coordinated and utilized according to agreed principles and following the minimum standards of accountability;
- Support (and lead where possible/deemed necessary) on key evaluations, assessments and tool implementation to increase program quality and accountability: Rapid Gender Analysis, Rapid Rural Appraisals, Participatory Rural Appraisals, Community Entry Tools, Community Engagement Tools, Community Scorecard, Social Accountability, etc.
5.Business development and new program design
- Provide updated contextual information and credible evidence to enrich and ground the design of new programs on contextual realities and evidence of what works;
- Ensure that MEAL and other PQAL aspects are properly resourced across all new program designs and related budgets;
- Support the Strategy & Partnerships Director in producing country level funding dashboard analyzing previous funding trends, current funding performance and future funding pipeline – including and especially maintaining the CO’s Proposal Tracker;
- Coordinate and Provide quality inputs into writing specific sections of new program proposals including context analysis, MEAL and sustainability sections.
6.Capacity building and Coordination for staff and partners
- Build the Capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring data;
- Ensure the program teams and relevant staff understand and use the Programme Quality standards and tools;
- Work closely with CARE Somalia partners to improve program quality and implementation, including capacity development support;
- Masters in development studies, Economics or any other relevant Social Science from a reputable institution/university.
- Bachelors in development studies, economics and other relevant social science is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with reputable organizations in similar roles.
- Skills in using data analysis software like Nvivo, Power BI, SPSS and STATA.
- Excellent skills in research, evaluations, evidence-generation, policy and advocacy.
- Excellent Conceptual abilities, strategic thinking, analytical writing skills and knowledge.
- Leadership skills with proven experience in engaging, mobilizing and influencing people,
- Good communication, presentation, public speaking, discussion and negotiation skills.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.