Programme Assistant-CPR – Open to Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Project assistants will be the key frontline staff of Save the Children in the field with direct interaction with the communities.
- With the support of programme officer conduct program awareness, mobilization, enrollment drives, sensitization and beneficiary selection through community meetings at the beginning of the programme
- Assist programme officer in procurement, distribution and utilization of respective programme supplies.
- Organize community meetings and facilitate selection of programme community structures.
- Provide Weekly Progress Update Report as requested by the line manager
- In collaboration with the programme officers, participate in collection of case studies to demonstrate programme impact.
- Ensure proper filling and documentation of relevant program documents.
- With the support of programme officer ensure timely implementation of planned interventions, as per the work plan, budgetary standards and programme quality.
- Support and ensure the implementation of cross cutting issues (Participation, gender, safeguarding, and disability inclusion) by identifying risks, concerns and mainstreaming to programme implementation.
- Promote and advocate children’s rights, document and report child right gaps within the scope of the programme at community level
. SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: CP Program Officer.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- One-year Experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- One-year Experience
- Diploma in community mobilization/Education management/ Cash distributions/ case management and relationship techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in community mobilization/Education management/ Cash distributions/ case management and relationship techniques.
- Basic knowledge of project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Good understanding in local language and culture practises.
- Basic understanding of child right frameworks.
Application will be closed on 14th May 2023
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents