With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Project Assistant: Case Worker
For Somalia National only
In collaboration with the GBV Officer and Project Manager- Education &Protection, the Case Worker will be responsible for; Providing the day-to-day management of all GBV cases including the identification, documentation, developing case plans and follow ups. The position holder will liaise directly with other service providers working within the IDPs and host communities where the project is implemented and facilitate referrals to other service providers (FSL, CVA, health including Mental health, Shelter, NFIs). S/he will ensure that Survivor Centered Approach Guiding principles are maintained and enforced while working with survivors. S/he will facilitate the setting up of information desk at the MCHs where adolescent and women of reproductive age can access Sexual Reproductive Health information.
- Contribute to the identification of at-risk girls, boys and women and ensure proper documentation.
- Provide direct support and care for vulnerable women and girls (including survivors of gender-based violence) including basic information counseling and case management.
- Assessment of CP/GBV survivor needs by developing an action plan, implementing the plan, follow up and case closure processes in line with the GBV case management standard operating procedure and IASC guidelines on case management (SOP).
- Ensure Do No Harm analyses are carried out and the principle of Do No Harm is observed and upheld in all the engagements of the Case Worker.
- Provide weekly case update to supervisor (GBV Officer) including new cases identified, number of referrals, cases closed and follow ups.
- Participate in Bi-Weekly supervision meeting with GBV Officer and Project Coordinator to ensure adherence to standards of care and appropriate case management.
- Participate in capacity building initiatives with partners both internal and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Counseling/ Sexual Reproductive Health/ Nursing or Gender related programs.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in SGBV case management including providing psychosocial counseling for survivors of Gender Based Violence.
- Background and understanding of adolescent reproductive sexual health and previous experience working with adolescents on Sexual Reproductive Health issues.
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, medical ethics and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience working with SGBV case files providing regular documentation preferred.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
The position will be based in Baidoa, South State State.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only