- Baidoa, Somalia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Project Assistant-Food Assistance Information & Reporting
To assist in leading field-based IT operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions (LMMS), Commodity Tracking System (CTS) and SCOPE which includes provision of technical support to commodity distribution field staff. The position holder will ensure LMMS/CTS and SCOPE applications are in place for set up of new distribution projects, and assist in consolidating and generating LMMS/CTS and SCOPE reports. S/he will also require delivering systems maintenance, testing new software development for field deployment, soliciting client user requirements, and assisting with new/upgraded system installations.
- LMMS System operation
- Documentation & reporting
- Coordination and collaboration
- Capacity development for new staffs
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or IT or any other related course from a recognized University.
- Solid background in the Window Operating System – XP in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
- Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless ad-hoc peer-to-peer networks. Ability to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable, including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
- Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
- Ready to support end-users.
- Good command of English language both written and oral.
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management
The positions will be field-based in Baidoa, South West State, Somalia.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only