- Baidoa, Somalia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Project Assistant- Cash & Food Assistance (2 positions)
The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Project Officer in coordination of all Food Aid Programs in the area of operation and ensure compliance to donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines.
- Coordination and Food Aid program implementation in the area of operation/region.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the district in ensuring that food security and development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
- Co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Support the Project Officer, coordinator and other Program Managers to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Ensure program compliance with accountability standards.
- Degree in Community Development/ Agriculture or any other related field
- Technical training qualifications in Nutrition/ Community Development /Public Health desired.
- Two years of experience in commodity/cash programming and logistics or related field.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both English and Somali language is needed.
- Ability to engage with local communities, partners and government authorities
- Computer Literacy.
The positions will be field-based in Baidoa, South West State, Somalia.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institutions.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only