POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR SBC/C4D PROJECT ASSISTANTS
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
- Position: Project Assistants (5 positions One in each district)
- Location: Benadir ( Kaxda & Daynile) and Galgadud region( Dhusmareeb, Adado & Abudwak)
- Starting date:
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Contract duration: 12 Months
- Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization whose mission is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside running long-term missions in several countries in crisis.
Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Nutrition. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH, FSL, and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus is to provide safe drinking water through the rehabilitation of water infrastructure, the construction of water distribution systems, and the construction of rainwater reservoirs. In our work, we also focus on other WASH components such as the improvement of sanitary conditions, and hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. In FSL, we implement an unconditional Cash transfer
Our current donors are ECHO, GFFO, SHF, and UNICEF. PAH, programs target the most vulnerable IDPs, hosts, and rural communities as well as institutions in Banadir, Lower Shebelle, Middle Shebelle, and Galmudug Region.
PAH, will be implementing 12 months UNICEF SBC projects in Banadir and Galgaduud region and is looking for project assistants who will become part of our operation team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Carry out day-to-day activities of the project in line with the project work plan formulated by the project manager in coordination with the project coordinator.
- Mobilize communities, line ministries, and local authorities in target areas at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions.
- Implement a monitoring and quality assurance plan for program implementation.
- Act as the direct link between PAH and target beneficiaries with the help of community social mobilizers & supervisors
- Collect feedback information from target communities, institutions, and beneficiaries and share them with the supervisor and project manager.
- Guide and assist community social mobilizers and supervisors to ensure the effectiveness of social behavioural change for positive cultural and norms change.
- Provide onsite training to community social mobilizers and supervisors to undertake their assigned duties effectively.
- Participate in training opinion leaders/influencers for positive social behavioural change.
- Document project implementation activities, collect photos, and success stories, and share them with the direct supervisor as well as the project manager.
- Ensure smooth running of the project at the field level and share challenges and lessons learned with the manager and supervisor.
- Work closely with school administrators and other stakeholders to form school hygiene clubs and ensure the total social behavioural change desired is achieved.
- Conduct community engagement sessions at schools with the help of community social mobilizers/supervisors through the establishment of school hygiene clubs.
- Mobilize target communities/beneficiaries to have the knowledge and skills to provide feedback for improved decision-making and remedial action on issues that affect them. Document and share this feedback with managers.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma certificate in a relevant field in social and behavioral science, sociology, community development, communications, and international relationship.
- At least 1 year of experience in similar fields in international, local organizations or UN agencies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a stream of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with a multicultural team.
- Experiences in SBC-social behavioural change approaches and content
- Fluent in English and Somali language
- Ability to work under time constraints in stressful environments.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly click the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests.