- Garowe, Somalia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
- Foster positive relationships with the Ministry of Religious Affairs and other partners
- Oversee implementation of field-level F&D activities:
- Ensure operation effectiveness
- Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
- Bachelors’ degree in social sciences or development studies
- At least 5 years of experience in project management in a relief and development setup.
- Knowledge of humanitarian industry including SPHERE standards, Good Enough Guide, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.)
- Excellent organizational, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of English, and local language.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- The role is office-based in Garowe, Puntland with frequent travel to the field
- The role has 50 % Domestic travel with some international travel, as required.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only