Position: Project Manager
Workplace / location: Bosaso Puntland -Somalia
Initial Contract Details: 1st of March, 2023, 12 months with possibility of extension based on performance at work.
Reporting to: Director
Al Ta’awun Social Society (TSS), is a Non-Governmental and Nonprofit Organization, which is free from politics, clans, and religion and ethnic divisions.
The organization works for needy/vulnerable communities including youth, women, children, people with disabilities in urban and rural areas throughout Puntland State of Somalia.
TSS strives to create a brighter future where youth are able to facilitate their own development and growth.
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) offers humanitarian and social development programs to poor/vulnerable communities in Puntland State of Somalia
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) is inspired by the vision of a strong and vibrant society in which we insist on transparency and accountability.
The Organization is firmly focus in protecting and respecting the rights of every citizen while we encourage citizens to acknowledge their responsibilities and endeavor to fulfill them as expected.
Al Ta’awun Social Service (TSS) strengthen the capacity of Somali Communities in all sectors including but not limited to educational development, environmental rehabilitation, health facilities development and social mobilization towards campaigns particularly for poor/vulnerable families and marginalized communities.
While offering services to the community, the organization treats all the parties equally and similarly without favors.
The goal of TSS is to initiate programs and activities that will positively involve, influence and benefits every citizen towards a better society for today and for future.
Skills and Qualifications
Therefore TSS seeking a qualified person to manage Finance.
- 1. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, computer science, business, management, or a related field
- Master degree in project management, business, management or related field will be n added advantage
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification will be an added advantage.
- Completed secondary level education.
- OTHER SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Creative mindset
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to interpret instructions, regardless of their form
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to monitor and control budgets
- Strong leadership skills
- Project management (and self-management) skills
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong adaptability & negotiation skills
- 3. EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of project management, related experience and NGO working system responsibility
- Experience working for NGO – UN like operations will be an added advantage.
- 4. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, developing, monitoring, controlling and executing projects, doing everything from putting together groups of skilled workers to designing the structure and schedule of the project.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Assign and ensure completion of tasks and resolve issues that hinder completion.
- Evaluate progress and ensure that personnel meets milestones and remain within budget.
- Determine the purpose of the project, the criteria and desired outcome, stakeholders and funding
How to apply
Send your CV and support documents latest 20/Febuary/2023, to this email: email@example.com CC Abdirashid.firstname.lastname@example.org