- Hargeisa, Somalia
- Time type
- Full time
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Project Manager – Health & Nutrition
This position has principal responsibility to provide operational oversight and project management of all Health and Nutrition Projects to achieve project objectives. The position holder will also provide the representation of the projects to donor(s), local authorities and government (in Somaliland) key stakeholders. Other key responsibilities include ensuring high quality implementation of project activities, grant management according to donor requirements and international accounting standards, timely donor and other stakeholder reporting, and overall contribution to Child Well Being Outcomes. The Project manager will be accountable for delivering all project results. S/he will maintain communication with the project sub –grantees and oversee coordination of their technical activities within the project framework, work plan and budget.
- Grant/Project Management
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Budget Management
- Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Donor Relations and Engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/ Nursing/ Nutrition or any other related fields.
- At least five years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- Five years of experience in clinical settings as Nurse/Clinical Officer or Public Health Officer in Somalia /Somaliland
- Proven ability to manage complex partnership relationships/consortiums including effective coordination with host country government
- Experience in partnership building and coordination with the donors, private sector, NGO, Government and local community organizations.
- Experience and familiarity with a number of donor requirements, e.g. WFP, FAO, UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF, DFID, EU, GF, USAID, GAF, GFFO and SHF grants management.
The position is field-based in Hargeisa, Somaliland with frequent travel to other target project locations.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only