Project Officer – Baidoa
ISLAMIC RELIEF SOMALILAND: Vacancy Announcement
JOB TITLE: Project Officer
BASE LOCATION: Baidoa – South west
Closing Date: 4th December2022
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months with possibility of extension
REPORT TO: Area Manager
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Islamic Relief Somalia/Somaliland (IRS) has been operating in Somalia/Somaliland since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence in areas work.
The project officer – will play a crucial role in effective and timely implementation of all project implementation and execution of all activities in Bay region and other regions including Bakool and any other areas that funding is received in South west state. The Officer will report to the program Manager based in Mogadishu, with close working relationship with Logistics, Finance, Admin, HR and other team members. The Officer will ensure the highest level of all the project implementation .
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- The project officer will be the in charge of the Baidoa offices including all staffs under him/her, this including assigning all the tasks and responsibilities, implementation of the project according to the design and time frame, conducting of assessments, attending all the coordination meeting both at local level, clusters, stake holders and at the community level
- Development of proposal and looking for funding opportunity both at the local and at international level
- Conducting community mobilization, networking and coordinating well
- Ensure that all the staffs maintain integrity, code of conduct and ensure that all the standards are adhered to
Other responsibilities include
– Support the distribution of Unconditional/Conditional cash transfer to affected community Rightsowners in target areas
-Carry out community mobilization and sensitizations on cash transfer/ agriculture input and any other livelihood distributions -Conduct post distribution monitoring and Focus Group Discussions, after assistance provided
-Document field achievements, challenges and lessons learned to integrate into project activities -Support the preparation of project reports activities
-Assist the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan (DIP) in line with IRW program quality principles and standards, donor requirements and good practices approach.
-Ensure establishment of village relief committees in all target villages, to ensure that accountability, transparence and inclusivity in place, during the implementation of project activities.
-Lead and coordinate selection of rightsowners for selection, targeting, registration and distributions.
-Ensure timely implementation of emergency response to the affected Rightsowners.
-Lead post-distribution assessment/monitoring of Rightsowners before provision of second distributions.
-Be involved in community mobilization, targeting and monitor movement and distribution of project activities.
-Conduct regular follow up and joint close post-distribution monitoring on proper use of cash for the intended purposes.
-With coordination of targeted communities to identify the training need gaps and organize the training plan awareness raising
campaigns and learning sessions according to project plan and schedule.
-Verify and review targeted Rightsowners eligible for the provision of response
-Support reporting and monitoring and evaluation, assuring that quality reports are submitted using standard project formats and in a timely manner.
-Sign clear MOU with the village relief committees and share project information on the target Rightsowners for proper quality and timely provision of assistance.
-Perform other duties of similar nature assigned by the supervisor or program Manager
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring of gender mainstreaming in the activities and motivate the women groups to participate in project implementation process
-Conduct training on good agricultural practice for rightsowners community to ensure agriculture management capacity improvement for the communities
- Ensure People in concern have trained on CDRR for preparedness and mitigation measure
- Assist in organizing official visits, conferences and trainings at the field level.
–Work independently on tasks related to beneficiary registration and mobilization with periodic reporting and direction from supervisor;
-Make decisions on project implementation and its daily management responsibly based on available resources, skills and knowledge of staff and access to affected communities;
-Ensure implementation of locally appropriate and feasible project activities in close consultation with Area Manager, local authorities and communities;
-Proper management of resources, equipment and project utilities.
-Work in adherence to IR’s policies and procedures.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate IR’ five core competencies:
Sincerity (ikhlas) – We are driven and motivated by sincerity to God and our duty to humanity.
Excellence (ihsan) – A commitment to excellence is a hallmark of our operations, programmes and conduct towards the vulnerable people we serve.
Compassion (rahma) – Every life is precious, so we join other humanitarian actors in easing the suffering caused by disasters, poverty and injustice.
Social Justice (adl) – We empower poor and vulnerable people to have their rights fulfilled and to achieve their God-given potential.
Custodianship (amana) – We value and protect the Earth and its resources, including its people, and we aim to honour the trust people place in us to be transparent and accountable
Qualifications and Experiences
-Diploma/Degree in community development, Social Work, Agriculture/Livestock production, food security or socio-economic development related fields. Public health etc
-Minimum of 8 years work experience in the INGO/LNGO and UN environment, including exposure to field operations in both emergency and development programs based on cash transfer programming -Strong report writing skills
-Proficiency in computer applications including Word, excel, power point and other applications
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills.
- Sympathetic with aims 6t objectives of Islamic Relief; empathy with and understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
How to apply
Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com -An updated CV and application letter
- Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
- Contact information for three work-related referees.
- -Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Project Officer- Baidoa