Islamic Relief Somalia seeks qualified and experienced Project Officer to manage, develop and implement project activities as per the plans and promote access to services.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Programme Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Project officer will ensure effective implementation of IRS projects in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations and international standards.
- Organize meetings with local authorities, community leader and share the project beneficiary’s selection criteria and project implementation guidelines and attend all processes of local authorities consultation, communities discussion forums, selection of community selection committees and beneficiaries registration
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Oversee selection and repair of selected water sources and latrines.
- Project Officer will be the overall supervisor of IRS projects and will be responsible for field management, coordination and regular monitoring of the project in all the areas of operation.
- Supervise activities’ implementation and team and provide appropriate guidance and oversight as they conduct daily field activities in respect of Donor & IRW procedure and requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with donor and IRW process and requirements.
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities. Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented in liaison with PM.
- Provide guidance and training to program staff to ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues
- Participate actively in the monitoring of the project in collaboration with the PM with a specific attention on the efficiency of the projects’ activities implementation
- Collaborate with related IRW departments and other implementing partners to identify opportunities for integrated programming, promoting best practices and developing shared policy approaches.
- Prepare and submit all project internal and external donor reports.
- Conduct Assessment to identify needs and develop concepts and Proposal for funding new projects
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager
Field Office Management
- On behalf of Program Manager act as field officer and manage field office administrative and management issues
- Supervise the staff attendance, commitment and punctuality and control staff movement
- Organize field trips for the teams to register beneficiaries in the target sites and conduct security clearance before team departure and regularly monitor the team performance and safety also
- Ensure safe equipment and resources usage and make sure that all equipment’s and office resources are utilized appropriately
- Organize regular office meetings and sensitize the staff on office procedures and staff concerns
Training & Capacity development
- Through direct technical assistance provision, build the capacity of programme staffs (Field Monitors & Hygiene promotors); identify staff development needs and design/suggest appropriate staff development approaches.
- Provide ongoing technical support and mentorship for the field staff to develop professional and technical competency.
- Provide technical feedback on daily, weekly and monthly registration reports received from Scope Registrars, ensuring that established programme targets and objectives are being met.
Coordination & Partnership
- Liaise closely with other partners implementing all Projects and partners in the area of the project implementation.
- Meet with partners and donor agencies during field visits.
- Promote a positive profile of the programmed and good understanding among other sectors, partners and communities about the project and IRW presence generally
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders – Community support groups, community leaders, NGOs, to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
- Liaise with formal and informal local authorities to insure communication and transparency of the beneficiary registration process.
- Provide the necessary tools for a fair and transparent beneficiary selection.
- Manage all IRS property and site material, logistic and fleet issue in coordination with IRW relevant departments to insure donor/IRW standard on registration sites.
- Manages all project teams directly through immediate supervisors.
- Hold regular meetings with Project team to plan and address any concerns and share feedback
- Monitor and provide objective feedback related to staff performance including staff objective setting, completing staff performance evaluations to promote growth and professional development
- Provide leadership and support to ensure staff well-being, i.e. monitor and manage stress management by providing regular opportunities for staff debriefing to address secondary trauma.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Effective Communication.
- Creativity and Initiative.
- Leadership and Negotiation.
- Performance Management.
- Performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Adapting in work Environment and quick learner
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strictly follow on organizational polices and procedure’s, and respect organizational principles at all times and keep organizational confidentiality
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Minimum Degree/Master in Business Management, Social Work, Community Development, Social science, agricultural science, agronomy.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good technical knowledge on Computer usage and simple configurations and benefices
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in similar position with an international NGO, Government offices or Private sectors
- Experience in Project Management and Networking
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Excellent computer skills, GIS applications skills are added advantage.
Additional job responsibilities
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
How to apply
Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org
-An updated CV and application letter • Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport. •
-Contact information for three work-related referee
– Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed
-Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Project officer – Baladweyne or Project Officer – Afgoye