With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories.
The Project Officer-Nutrition will support the Project Coordinator- Nutrition; in the implementation of Nutrition project related activities under the MCHN, TSFP, TB and stabilization Center (SC) in Burtinle district, Puntland. The position holder will ensure facilitation of smooth, cost effective, efficient management of resources and timely implementation of project activities. S/he will be responsible for supporting, supervising and coordinating project activities and staff; for realizing program objectives, proper management & timely decision-making while implementing the day to day Nutrition and Health activities. S/he will offer technical support to seconded staff from the Ministry of Health during the day to day implementation of activities as well as supporting beneficiaries’ registration into the WFP SCOPE platform.
- Leadership, management and foster external engagement
- Project Design implementation and monitoring
- Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Commodity and storage management
- Financial Control and Budget Management
- University degree in Nursing/ Nutrition/ Medical Science or Public Health/ Food Science or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in relevant field.
- Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in writing proposals, project documentation, reporting, program information for donors and the World Vision/partnership.
- Capacity to provide solid leadership and decision-making skills for efficient and effective project implementation.
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Willingness to assume other project tasks as required
The position is field based in Burtinle District, Puntland
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.