- Baidoa, Somalia
- Time type
- Full time
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)Job Description:
Project Officer: WASH & Infrastructure
The Project Officer will provide technical support to assigned WASH and Infrastructure projects. The incumbent will ensure the successful implementation of all state level WASH and Infrastructure interventions that directly contribute to the attainment of child wellbeing Ooutcomes. S/he will support the Project Manager in overseeing the implementation of WASH & Infrastructure projects, mobilizing appropriate resources, addressing design, monitoring & evaluation issues of WASH & Infrastructure related activities and undertake capacity building of WASH & Infrastructure staff.
- Project Management & implementation
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Information documentation and reporting
- Donor/stakeholder Relations and Engagements
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering/ Building & Construction and or related field.
- At least three years of experience in project implementation preferably water and sanitation or/ infrastructure.
- Proven ability to manage partnership relationships including effective coordination with donors and stakeholders.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and familiarity with a number of donor requirements, e.g. DFAT, EU, SHF, WFP; FAO; UNHCR; UNICEF; DFID; GF; USAID grants management.
- Familiar with Engineering Software’s, e.g. AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, WaterCAD, MATLAB, and CSI SAFE structural software
The position will be based in Jowhar, Hirshabeele state of Somalia with regular travel to other field locations for donor and stakeholders’ engagements.
World Vision adheres to strict child and adult safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks which will include criminal background checks. They will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Academic certificates will be verified with the issuing institution.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only