- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist implementation of the protection portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implement independently case management related activities as delegated.
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with established procedures, agreed priorities, international standards, and relevant guiding principles.
- Provide quality and timely case management for identified general protection cases at high risk and/or extremely vulnerable, in accordance with the best-practice and international protection standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of protection, in order to be most effective in supporting the team.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that case management services are accessible to target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Work to undertake detailed protection assessments in the field.
- Support the data collection through the Protection and Returns Monitoring Network (PRMN)
- Identify general protection cases at high risk and support case referrals between agencies
- Identify cases in need of individual protection assistance, and provide services to achieve a protection outcome
- Accompany cases to referral locations as needed.
- Provide information to individuals and families about their rights and entitlements, including what services are available.
- Ensure that all data and information pertaining to beneficiaries is handled in strict confidence, and in line with applicable data protection and information sharing protocols.
- Collect and update information on services available, and service providers and protection actors.
- Compile information and report on achievements. Report internally on weekly and monthly achievements; and for urgent cases, on a daily basis.
- Any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience from working directly with affected/local communities within an international or local organization in a humanitarian context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- At least 3 years Previous experience protection programming and conducting case management or other Protection-related activities.
- Basic knowledge or interest in understanding of international standards, and Protection fundamental concepts and guiding principles.
- Ability to analyse and integrate information from a wide range of sources.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Knowledge of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.).
- Sufficient working knowledge of English and local Language-Somali.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
- What We Offer:Contract period: 6 Months, with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Garowe
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Incomplete, email and paper applications will not be considered. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.