About the job
The Supply Chain Officer – Procurement is responsible for all Supply Chain (SC) functions in Hargeisa and ensuring that procedures and compliance issues are followed in Procurement. Working closely with the rest of the support and program team, the Supply Chain Officer – Procurement is the lead person in running and management of the supply chain in Hargeisa office. The position holder will report to the Area Manager, with technical guidance from the supply chain manager.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
ERP DRC Dynamics
- Item Master Data – Ensure all items under Purchase Agreement (PA) are shared for approval and release
- Vendor Prospects – Ensure all vendors for Somaliland area office are created in DRC Dynamics
- Procurement to pay(P2P) in Dynamics.
Enforcing compliance & implementation of DRC procurement procedures.
- Ensure adherence to DRC procurement policies & procedures as detailed in the Operation Handbook (OH)
- Ensure strict implementation, enforcement & adherence to the DRC procurement threshold (Revised Version)
- Ensure all procurement documents (RFQs, ITBs) are shared with the supply chain manager for review.
- Creating items for the PAs to be uploaded later to dynamics
- Update Item Master Data and upload IRF (Item request form) for items enacted under the purchase agreements.
- In close collaboration with the Country supply chain team, conduct training on Program procurements/segregation of duties for the Program team.
- In close collaboration with the Country supply chain team, conduct training on Bid evaluation/vetting criteria for the Tender Opening Committee (TOC) members and shed lights on the best value for money definitions.
- Work closely with the Country supply chain and ICT teams on standardization of procurements i.e. Printers, scanners, computers, mobile phones etc.
- Manage National Staff Insurance contract for DRC and ensure smooth implementation of the contract clauses (Track contract implementation and duration).
- Guide & support Program team in development of Procurement Plans (Expense Forecast) and ensure its implementations.
- Fully participate in managing of Supply Chain exercise in the Base office and ensure that Somaliland office meet the deadline as per the procurement timeline.
- Backstop Base Logistics and Fleet assistant during their absence.
- Ensure Timely deliveries of program procurements, and timely facilitation of supplier payments
- Ensure DRC procurement threshold is well understood and adopted.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor/line Manager.
- Update procurement tracker / Contract management tracker, Purchase agreement tracker, on a regular baisis and share the monthly report as per deadlines
DRC is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual, who has more than 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management combined with a minimum of bachelor’s degree of in Business Administration or relevant field. We are further looking for a supply chain officer, who is creative and can make a great positive impact to DRC Supply Chain Department.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Procurement & Supply chain Management, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Any related field with 3 years of practice experience.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Devoted, reliable and dedicated person
- Willing to travel and can work under pressure
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with an international organization preferably in INGOs operating in Somaliland.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Office applications
- Good computer skills – especially Excel spreadsheets and able to work with Formulas, Power Point and Word.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 Months
Band: This position is graded as Band H2-Non-Management for qualified national staff and the terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for national staff.
Designation of Duty Station: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Start date: 1st Feburay 2023, tentively.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19th December 2022
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!