||CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
|Overview of position
- CTG is looking looking for a qualified Accountant to support our global finance team with Regional finance management & accounting.
- Experienced in areas such as payroll, invoicing, taxes, local audit & processing annual returns & management of purchase order systems.
- Customer facing to assist with debt collection & local banking & other financial relationships.
Client Purchase Orders (PO’s) – Call Off Orders (COO’s):
- Under all global long-term agreements with its clients CTG must raise a financial quotation & budget limitations for any new contracts (hereinafter called a “COO” & sometimes referred to as a ‘quote’).
- Generation of COO’s.
- Management of COOs & COO burner (ensuring budgets are not exceeded).
- With direct reporting to Finance Project & Payroll Manager (FP & PM).
Cashbook management & PO’s:
- Manage the cashbook.
- Post cashbook to Sage.
- Manage local Account Managers (AM’s) & other staff’s raising of PO’s, ensuring POs are raised where required prior to purchase.
- Ensure POs are recorded on Sage & raised for invoicing where applicable.
- Ensure the local team are trained on CTG PO system.
- Reconcile PO against COO & COO burner.
- With direct reporting to FP & PM.
- Generate timely & accurate invoices for clients, either system generated or manually as required.
- Ensure all invoices are recorded correctly in Sage.
- Reconciliation of invoices against payroll & COO’s.
- Manage receipt of local supplier invoices, checking against PO’s, upload to Sage & issue client reimbursable invoice as required.
- With direct reporting to Credit Controller (CC).
- Ensure timely payment of invoices by client.
- Support CC with chasing clients for unpaid invoices.
- Resolve any queries / issues with invoices to ensure swift payment.
- With direct reporting to CC.
- Oversee timesheets timely receipts with local AM’s.
- Ensure procedures & timelines are met.
- Prepare payroll, system generated or manually as required as per policy.
- Reconcile payroll with Sage, COOs, contracts of employment & local tax laws.
- With direct reporting to FP & PM.
- Calculation of Personal Income Tax (PIT) & Social Security (SS) & any other applicable local salary withholding taxes.
- Responsible for timely payment of PIT, SS & other withholding taxes to local tax departments / authorities.
- Production & issuance of payslips.
- Complete annual tax returns, payment of corporate & other business taxes & other local filings.
- Manage any local audits for taxation & other jurisdictional requirements.
- Responsible for timely payment of all taxes to governing bodies.
- Posting of tax payments to Sage.
- Work with our legal team to ensure CTG adheres to local tax laws, responsible for keeping CTG in good standing & up to date with local tax laws.
- Represent CTG at local governing bodies (including ministry & tax departments).
- With direct reporting to Financial Controller (FC).
- Manage local bank account(s) where applicable.
- Manage local budgets & actuals variance analysis for Regional Director (RD).
- Prepare brief monthly report to summarise performance and highlight any areas of concern.
- Prepare savings schemes & analytical support on OPEX expenditure to enable local decision making.
- Provide visibility on financial business positioning to ensure effective regional management.
- Prepare local management accounts & work with local auditors as required.
||Functional financial reporting into the Financial Controller (FC) & Dubai HQ finance team.
- Must be fully qualified ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Desirable to have experience in governmental departments.
- Extensive experience in working with Sage, SAP, Oracle or similar accounting system.
- Desirable to have experience in generating management accounts & profit / loss financial statements.
- Good knowledge of local tax laws.
- Must be fluent in English & Somali.
- Candidates must have prior work experience in Somalia.
- Must be self starter.
- Must be ethical, trustworthy & confidential.
- Must be someone who can manage time well.
- Must be a team player & good relationship builder.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must resilient & positive.
||This role has no team management responsibility.
- Must have exceptional references.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements & security clearances.
- Candidates applying must upload a copy of their latest resume on their candidate profiles.
- University & other educational qualifications will be checked so accounting qualification certificates are to be included with application & CV.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
|Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.