IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Bank. As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
Job Title: Relationship Manager SME
IBS Bank is looking to fill the position of a Relationship Manager SME
The role reports to the Head of SME
Job type: Full time
To build relationship with SME customers while selling and cross-selling SME products. Sale and provide general business banking solutions to customers while observing the policies, processes and procedures of IBS Bank.
- Execute sales of SME assets, Liabilities and other product types as per targets allocated by your SME Line Manager.
- To deal with customer queries, requests, instructions, suggestions/service feedback and dissemination of information on bank products to both existing and potential customers.
- Facilitate the SME Centre’s Service Delivery to customers.
- Handle Establishment of new and Variation of existing account relationships.
- Deal primarily with SME accounts.
- Selling bank products to new customers and cross selling to existing customers.
- Handling establishment of new account relationships, Variations to the existing relationships, Initial stages of credit matters, and Dissemination of information relating to the Bank’s Products & Services.
- Deposit mobilization for the bank
- Debit cards inquiries and encashment.
- Collect information from customers relating to account relationship.
- Initial interview of customers who require financial assistance/facilities and direct them accordingly ensuring that relevant supporting documents are obtained.
- Sales calls and market intelligence gathering.
- Receive and solve or escalate both verbal and written customer complaints noting to record them in the customer complaints register.
- Receiving, guiding and doing initial appraisal of loan applications
- Explaining and having customers sign letters of offer.
Objectives of your position:
- Maintain/retain existing customer base.
- Market new business and carry out market intelligence.
- Increase revenue collection hence profitability.
Skills and Qualifications
Skills And Experience:
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria;
- University degree in relevant business discipline from a recognized and reputable institution, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ experience in sales & service management in SME customer lending requirements.
- Strong people management skills and thorough knowledge of banking products and services, including wider understanding of the general SME banking universe.
- Strong communications, negotiations, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and structure SME customer lending requirements.
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of digital financial services and their relevance to SME.
- Persuasive ability, including strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills with the ability to win Business.
- Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Solutions oriented mind set and creative thinking abilities.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to network, generate new business and develop strong
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 14/04/2023 to: