JOB Announcement –Reproductive Health Officer
Job Grade: Band 4
Reports To: Senior Community Health Officer
Direct Reports: None
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant positions of Reproductive Health Officer based in Galkayo, Mudug region.
Overall Job Purpose:
The reproductive Health Officer as an integral member of the SRCS Galkayo Branch supervises the MCH/SGBV programs in all SRCS clinics in Mudug region, to improve the quality of care.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position:
- To plan, organize and monitor the activities of the MCH program. This includes; mother and child, EPI activities, HIV and Sexual Gender Based Violence SGBV.
- For planning his/her activities according to the Quality Indicators and priorities established by the SRCS Galkayo Branch, and health department objectives.
- For planning and participating in regular refresher trainings for all Midwives working in SRCS supported clinics in Mudug region.
General responsibilities and tasks
- Formulates annual plans, specifying yearly program goals, targets and strategies for MCH/SGBV HIV program.
- Support, assist, coach and train the nurses and midwifes, to improve the quality of their care according to Somali protocols and guidelines, through mentoring and direct on the job training.
- Monitoring of the program requires extensive travel in the region.
- Ensure the SRCS Health MCH program is implemented according to the Somali Guidelines by close monitoring of PHC clinics implementing the SRCS Health program.
- Participates in the recruitment of MWs as required, following the SRCS policy and procedures in place.
- Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of Midwives. This includes: providing timely feedback regarding performance; taking appropriate action for both positive and negative work performance; and facilitating staff development opportunities
- Support in data collection and analyzing of all aspects of the MCH/EPI/SGBV/HIV program.
- Maintains communication with partners through the line manager, to ensure ongoing development of all MCH related programs.
- Contributes to and participates in planning and implementation of all meetings between program partners (SRCS and Norrcros).
ANC, Obstetrical Care, PNC, Child Spacing.
- Ensures Somali MCH guidelines are followed and provides training for provision of routine MCH, especially focused ANC and follows the continuum of care of PNC
- Strengthen the skills of the midwives to manage normal and emergency deliveries.
- Ensures complications are recognized and timely referrals made according to the SRCS referral guidelines.
- Encourages and supports contact with TBA’s in the Clinic and community setting for networking and program dissemination.
- Supports health promotion programs both in the clinic and community setting
- Provides support to the PHC midwife in outreach/MHT program(where applicable)
- Trains and supervises midwives in the treatment and medical care of Victims of Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) including referral to Mental Health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) where available and previously assessed
- Maintains confidentiality and do no harm approach
- Works with local NGOs to assist in establishing psychosocial network for SGBV and build referral system.
Source of information
- Is aware of socio-political situation and keeps information up-to-date.
- Channels all relevant information related to the context to all branch’s, clinics and coordination office.
- Advises movement partners in various fields such as culture, politics, economy, security, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Midwifery or Nursing
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in both clinical and managerial management of reproductive health matters.
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize data and
- Competencies findings for the preparation of quality program reports.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, cover letter, in one PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line. If you don’t write it, you applications will not considered.
Deadline for Applications: 7th January, 2022
Job disclaimer and notification:
Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.