COOPI- Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
COOPI in Somalia
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian and resilience programs in Somalia since 1984. COOPI has been implementing emergency and long-term resilience building projects including food security & livelihoods, water and sanitation and health, to improve the living conditions of thousands of vulnerable families.
COOPI has been providing response and supporting the most basic and pressing needs of communities in Southwest State, South Central, Banadir, Jubaland and Somaliland. COOPI has a long-standing presence in those locations providing both emergency humanitarian support and building resilient livelihoods through a multi-sectoral approach with specific focus on crisis affected populations. COOPI’s main operational and coordination offices are located in Mogadishu, Baidoa and Dollow. COOPI also has a support and regional office in Nairobi.
- Under the supervision of the IT/SCOPE Officer and with the support of the MEAL Team Lead and field officer, the role support IT/SCOPE Registrar will support the management and distribution of SCOPE cards, including;
- Update and management of all discharges in the registers.
- Support top up and redemption of SCOPE cards.
- Assist in the management of SCOPE registration process, including cards and relevant hard component equipment.
- Community mobilization and sensitization.
- Data collection at field level and and contribution in reports on SCOPE related issues.
- Conduct beneficiaries registration under supervsion of PM, Field Officer and SCOPE Officer.
- Facilitate beneficiaries data management.
- Support AAP and community participation.
Skills and Qualifications
Requirements (education required, years of experience, technical skills, soft skills)
Minimum of Diploma preferably in IT/ICT, Cumputer Science and communication technology, Statistics or any closely related academic disciplines, Programming/Sciences/ Engineering or Social Sciences, , with previous experience working in developmental and emergency projects especially in ICT related sector.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with WFP SCOPE registration is desired
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience with humanitarian program in a similar context.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- Experience as a SCOPE registrar with NGOs
- Minimum 2 years cash vouchers Sector experience working on mobile money or ATM or 3 years’ experience in the NGO Sector of which 2 years should be working in SCOPE Registration/ e-registration programming / or project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Excelent knowledge of English, ,with fair understanding local langauges;
- Proficient in data collection and handling bulk registers of beneficiaries.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to through link https://forms.gle/maMzNsnNf1ywVoAZ7 with subject line as “SCOPE Registrar” by 10.05.2023.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor. COOPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- COOPI has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the organization, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. COOPI also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- COOPI reserves the right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project.
- COOPI reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained_Rolling basis review of applications.
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- COOPI considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.