TITLE: Security Manager
REPORTS TO: Security Manager
Global Security Manager– Technical Line Supervisor
Operations Director- dotted line Supervisor
WORKING HOURS: Regular Hours
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. Check out www.psi.org for more information on our programs.
PSI-Somalia/Somaliland was founded in 2007 to socially market safe water tablets and long-lasting insecticide treated mosquito nets and has since expanded, including programs for maternal and child health to improve the health status of Somali people especially women, children and the most vulnerable. Working in partnership with the private and public sector and with other development partners, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services, and behavioral change communication interventions throughout Somaliland/Somalia. For more information, please follow the below link: Somalia/Somaliland : PSI
PSI is looking for an experienced Security Manager to support the implementation of the programs in Somalia, the Security Manager will be responsible for Day-to-day security management in the PSI-Somalia/Somaliland areas of operation.
He/she leads the development of assessments, procedures, and guidelines including Security Risk Assessments (SRAs), Security Risk Management Plans and Specific Activity Security Plans.
Field Safety and Security Management Planning
- Meet all security requirements and needs of PSI at the country office level
- Provide technical support to the country leadership on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security, and program continuity.
- Work with leadership to develop and consolidate programmatic contingency plans.
- In close coordination with relevant staff from the senior team, ensure that the valid Standard Operating Procedures and Contingence Plans are in place in all PSI offices in Somalia/Somaliland.
- Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
- Evaluate, review, and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all PSI offices and residences in Somalia/Somaliland and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved.
- Visit all PSI program offices on a regular basis. Conduct risk assessments of the safety and security at the offices according to the present and possible future safety and security situation in their area – ensure that minimum safety and security standards are being met.
- Submit Monthly security reports and regular analysis or flash reports as needed.
- Manage the maintenance and needs of team assets, attractive items and phone credit envelop to ensure that all needs are met and managed to avoid gap periods/ urgent PRs.
- Perform and update all travel security briefings and documents.
Safety and Security
With technical support from the Country Director, Country Security Committee and Global Security Manager and be responsible for ensuring programs are delivered in a safe and secure manner.
- Continuously review security situation in the area and coordinate with country Safety and security team on all matters related to safety & security.
- Ensure that security management protocols and procedures are updated, made locally relevant and applied consistently,
- Conduct regular stakeholder analyses to ensure that PSI has good understanding of the context, the operating environment, and dynamics/relationships, ensuring that all staff maintain beneficiaries and communities at the center of PSI’s work
- Ensure PSI Risk Management, Safety and security protocols are streamlined in carrying out all activities in the area and adequate measures are in place to mitigate any potential risk to office, staff & assets.
- Ensure staff are trained on, aware of and in compliance with PSI Safety and security protocols and SoPs
- Monitor the security situation in Banadir and Southcentral, including attending security briefings.
Skills and Qualifications
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, or any other relevant field.
- A university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in security risk management and/or security analysis is required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Somalia government system and administrations
- Proficiency in English is required
- Excellent communication, and writing skills,
- Strong leadership skills; Planning and organization skills, Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Strong coordination, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
How to apply
If you think you are a great fit, please submit your application and detailed resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Security Manager the closing date for application is 17th March 2023.Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Qualified Somali female candidates are encouraged to apply.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.