CARE is an international NGO working in Somalia. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, as well as mitigating immediate suffering and displacement caused by drought, conflict, floods disease outbreaks among others We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the positions of Senior Health Officer in Kismayo with travels to the other field sites in Somalia.
Job Title: Senior Health Officers(2 posts)
Department: Emergency Program
The Senior health officer (two positions) will oversee the day-to-day implementation of all aspects of emergency activities including running of the CARE emergency sites (Mobile and fixed), community mobilization, needs assessments, program reporting and devise new interventions as deemed necessary. S/he will be required to provide technical back stopping to CARE and partner staff (GREDO and WASDA) through mentorship, technical support, capacity building initiatives to staff and the community at large. The incumbent will also be required to create seamless integration between the Health/ Nutrition component and other emergency projects for proper and efficient utilization of resources at the field office. S/he will be required to make regular monitoring efforts and periodic visits to all emergency project sites on regular basis and do proper documentation of the same
- Program management and implementation
- Support in designing and facilitate capacity building, training and mentoring of partners staff on management of Health and Nutrition projects interventions.
- Provide technical support including capacity building, mentoring and project management to CARE supported partners in the regions of Lower Jubba and GEDO in Jubba land state.
- Identify needs and initiate strategies to address health/nutrition needs of communities in Project area and work with CARE and partner staff to develop a sustainable community based programs for addressing direct, underlying and basic causes of diseases morbidity.
- Provide technical support and guidance to partner staff and ensure adherance to emergency humanitarian standards including SPHERE standards, WHO and Somalia cluster guidelines
- Participate in establishing funding requirements for health/Nutrition interventions and contribute to the development of proposals and concept notes for emergency health response
- Enhance integration and mainstreaming of protection, cash & voucher assistance (CVA), Water, Sanitation & Hygeine (WASH) while ensuring do no harm principles to the beneficiaries in all program interventions.
- Develop annual and monthly partner workplan and monitor progress regularly as well as do quaterly reviews to continuously update the workplan.
- Support partner initiate, review and procure medical drugs and supplies ensuring adherance CARE and donor standards
- Integrate MEAL systems into Health/Nutrition interventions to support beneficiaries accountability, donor reporting, performance metrics and organizational learning
- Program Design
- Work in close collaboration with the sector technical lead and other program staff to ensure that emergency interventions build upon longer term programming in order to promote the Humanitarian -Development nexus.
- Provide up to date Health/ Nutrition information necessary for development of high quality programs
- Assist in the design of innovative health interventions in line with Jubbaland state strategic priorities and humanitarian needs.
- Develop routine joint supervision with partners where possible to provide program support and quality control. In areas where physical supervision is not possible ensure to use remote monitoring mechanisms.
- Responsible for quality standards of reports from Partner and project field locations
- Review all partner reports, provide technical input before sharing with MEAL and sector technical leads.
- Carry out monthly partner project meetings and develop action points
- Representation and coordination
- Participate in all filed level health cluster and technical working group coordination meetings
- Represent CARE in all inter agency assessments
- Contact person for CARE Health partners in Lower Jubba
- Ensure CARE visibility in field level humanitarian presence
- Capacity building
- Assess and identify CARE and Ministry of Health Staff capacity needs and develop training plan
- Organize and provide trainings to partner staff, Health workers and helathvolunteers on Senior health officeridentified capacity gaps.
- Provide in house capacity building to CARE program staff.
- Provide capacity building to CHWs, TBAs, Mother support group and other community resource persons and key Senior health officerinterventions
Required qualifications and experiences
- Degree in Health and/or its equavelent from a recognised Institution is mandatory requirement.
- At least 4 years progressive experience in managing health programmes in humanitarian settings
- Experience managing partners implementing health programmes
- Experience in design, setting up and running of health programmes
- Experience in carrying out health needs assessment and surveys
- Experience organizing and facilitating health training
- Excellent in technical report writing skills
- Strong interpretation skills, flexibility, adaptability and empathy
- Fluency in English and Somali
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested submit their application letter and CV with at least 3 professional reference check One PDF document via email email@example.com latest on 5th December 2022, Please include the reference “Senior Health Officer” As subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our Commitment to the protection of children.
- Experience Level Senior