Requisition ID: req39763
Job Title: – copy
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Galkacyo, Somalia
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Under the direct supervision of Supply Chain Officer Galkacyo, the Supply Chain and warehouse Assistant will ensure that all the necessary logistics and procurement of the organization is effected in the program. The Supply Chain and warehouse Assistanwill be responsible for providing efficient Supply Chain support to the IRC office in Galkacyo Mudug region. The position holder will ensure that IRC’s standard policies and best practice is adhered to and maintained.
- Understand, implement and maintain IRC standard procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Receive and update in prologs all fully authorized Purchase Requests in a timely manner.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers by preparing and submitting Request for Quotations (RFQs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Monitor supplier performance and follow-up with suppliers on quality issues and timely delivery of goods
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time
- Establish and maintenance ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Utilize the Pro Logs Database for Procurement tracking and documentation.
- Processing of payments on timely manner including local suppliers and vendors
- Maintain a warehouse and inventory register for Galkacyo
- Receiving items when delivered by suppliers and preparation of a delivery report
- Dispatch of consignment to work location, preparing waybills and packing list. Follow up with field locations for receipt of the items and submission of signed waybills and packing lists.
- Any other work assigned by supervisor/line manager
- Submit monthly commitments report to Finance.
- Submit monthly warehouse and inventory report for Nairobi to SCC by 2nd of every Month.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
How to apply
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.