WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Opening date: 19th April 2023
Closing date: 25th April 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 618 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
What will you do?
The purpose of the position holder is to support effective delivery of administrative support services in order to facilitate clean, nourishing, safe and orderly working environment in Galmudug Area Office located in Galkayo.
- Provide gardening, landscaping, and compound greening as well as maintenance services including carpentry work and site repairs, ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Ensure that driveways, walkways, sidewalks, pavements, flower beds and green spaces are well cleaned, maintained, and spruced up.
- Design and implement landscaping activities to beautify the compound, source for flowers, variegated plants, potted plants, fruit trees and grass to create organized artificial physical features that add ambiance to the compound.
- Provide pottering and cleaning services (for example, moving equipment’s, maintenance of compound, assisting in setting up greenness of the compound, collecting the garbage cleaning, among other), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
- Contribute to keeping accurate equipment records through physical check and maintenance lists, and arrange equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP guidelines.
- Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs to support accurate accounting.
- Perform any other duty as required.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site landscaping, facility maintenance, gardening, and lawn services.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions.
- Ability to set up landscapes, lawns, gardens, and green spaces.
- High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Terms and Conditions:
SSA2 – 3 months contract
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
Deadline for Applications:
VA closing date: 25th April 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.