POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR SBC/C4D SOCIAL MOBILIZER SUPERVISORS
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
- Position: Social Mobilizer Supervisors (7 positions)
- Location: Benadir (2 Kaxda & 2 Deynile) and Galgaduud region(1 Dhusamareb, 1 Adado & 1 Abduwak)
- Starting date:
- Reports to: Project Assistants
- Contract duration: 12 Months
- Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization whose mission is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside running long-term missions in several countries in crisis.
Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Nutrition. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH, FSL, and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus is to provide safe drinking water through the rehabilitation of water infrastructure, the construction of water distribution systems, and the construction of rainwater reservoirs. In our work, we also focus on other WASH components such as the improvement of sanitary conditions, and hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. In FSL, we implement an unconditional Cash transfer
Our current donors are ECHO, GFFO, SHF, and UNICEF. PAH, programs target the most vulnerable IDPs, hosts, and rural communities as well as institutions in Banadir, Lower Shebelle, Middle Shebelle, and Galmudug Region.
PAH, will be implementing 12 months of UNICEF-funded SBC projects in Banadir and Galgaduud region and is looking for Social Mobilizer Supervisors who will become part of our operation team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Organizing community meetings, awareness sensitization, and sharing project activities information.
- Leading community discussions and the formation of the committees, training the committees, and providing them with the necessary support for the effective delivery of the project activities.
- Conduct regular community meetings in the project-targeted communities.
- Work with the project assistants and other teams in continuous needs assessment, related data collection, and managing surveys process at the community levels.
- Develop weekly updates and monthly reports on community mobilization activities.
- Give on-site training and supervise social mobilizers’ field activities.
- Assist project assistant to conduct a regular meetings to capacity build, mentor, assist and supervise beneficiaries on a case management basis, ensuring constant communication with all beneficiaries
- Assist the project team to develop trust, tolerance, and cooperation among beneficiaries, community members, and local leaders.
- Encourage and stimulate full participation by all the community members with special attention to those who are often forgotten including disabled women and children in community decision making
- Responsible for collection of feedback, information dissemination, and collecting complaints from beneficiaries and sharing with project assistants.
- Ensure the project objectives are achieved as planned and that all target beneficiaries have equal access to project implementation.
- Assist project assistants and other project teams to deliver the set objectives of the project.
- Responsible for developing weekly and monthly work plans for community social mobilizers.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for community mobilization activities and develop activities and work plans for the social mobilizers.
- Work closely with project stakeholders including government officials, community leaders, and institutions.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or project manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a certificate from a recognized institution in sociology, community development, community studies, communications, public health, and international relationship. Diploma will be an added advantage
- At least 1 years’ field experience in similar fields with either local or international NGOs
- Experiences in planning and implementing participatory learning and action approaches.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a stream of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with a multicultural team.
- Experiences in SBC-social behavioural change approaches and content
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Very good in MS Office, proven leadership and communication
- Fluent in English and Somali language
- Ability to work under time constraints in stressful environments.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly click the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests.