POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR SBC/C4D SOCIAL MOBILIZERS
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
- Position: Social Mobilizers(35 positions)
- Location: Benadir (7 Kaxda & 7 Deynile), Galgaduud region( 7 Dhusamareb, 7 Adado & 7 Abudwak)
- Starting date:
- Reports to Social mobilizers’ supervisors
- Contract duration: 12 Months
- Application Deadline: 1st May 2023
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization whose mission is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside running long-term missions in several countries in crisis.
Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Nutrition. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH, FSL, and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus is to provide safe drinking water through the rehabilitation of water infrastructure, the construction of water distribution systems, and the construction of rainwater reservoirs. In our work, we also focus on other WASH components such as the improvement of sanitary conditions, and hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. In FSL, we implement an unconditional Cash transfer
Our current donors are ECHO, GFFO, SHF, and UNICEF. PAH, programs target the most vulnerable IDPs, hosts, and rural communities as well as institutions in Banadir, Lower Shebelle, Middle Shebelle, and Galmudug Region.
PAH, will be implementing 12 months of UNICEF-funded SBC projects in Banadir and Galgaduud region and is looking for Social mobilizers who will become part of our operation team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Mobilize school children, teachers, and stakeholders during the formation of school hygiene clubs.
- Mobilize and facilitate the active participation of children and their communities to participate in the planning, monitoring, implementation, and evaluation of community development initiatives.
- Mobilize & educate target communities and institutions on latrine cleanliness, water point hygiene, proper waste disposal, and common communicable diseases prevention measures.
- Mobilize school hygiene clubs on environmental cleanliness, proper hygiene, and sanitation practices.
- Monitor activities in the assigned targeted Villages, institutions, and IDPs and submit weekly activities progress and outcome report to the supervisor for follow-up and evaluation.
- Sensitizing the targeted population on safe disposal of waste, personal /food hygiene, and as well environmental cleanliness
- Mobilize communities & target institutions on marking& commemorating world WASH events such as world water, toilet, and handing washing days.
- Updating PAH on any disease outbreak in Villages, schools, and IDPs such as AWD and other target locations
- Promote the use of latrines, hand washing, and safe water storage and treatment
- Organize Hygiene promotion campaigns in collaboration with community leaders, institution stakeholders, and other partners.
- Act as the direct link between PAH and target communities, institutions, and IDP camps
- Mobilize target beneficiaries on positive social behaviour change in adopting a healthy system of social life and playing actively in communal social development.
- Assist PAH during hygiene kits and dignity kits distribution and during data collection.
- Support relevant, high-impact advocacy and outreach activities to influence attitudes and promote behavioural change among target beneficiaries.
- Share regular weekly or monthly reports with the line manager and ensure the quality of the project implemented.
- Ensure all segments of the affected population including women have equal access to ongoing services and that targeted support to advance gender equality is based on gender analysis.
- Directly supervise the community volunteers
- Perform any other duties signed by PAH
Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of high school certificate certified, at least 6 months of experience in similar fields with international or local NGOs,
- Ability to mobilize and influence communities,
- Good communication skills, good public speaking skills, experienced in report and assessment writings and presentation.
- Ability to work in diverse environment.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply and will be given high priority.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly click the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests.