WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
WHY WORK WITH WFP SOMALIA
WFP Somalia’s four-year Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2022-2025 focuses on a new strategic shift towards strengthening resilience of communities, recognizing the interconnected nature of relief, nutrition, safety nets, food systems, capacity strengthening and partnerships, and addressing some of the above causes within the context of chronic drought and frequent climate-related shocks. Under SDG2, a key focus area for WFP is to build sustainable food systems and value chains, to improve the availability, accessibility, affordability, and consumption of nutritious and healthy diets in Somalia and to prevent and reduce the impact of man-made and natural shocks on vulnerable populations.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
WFP Somalia aims to implement the People Policy in all its different Offices across the country. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Area Office or Field Office, and the functional guidance of the Head of Human Resources (based in the Liaison Office in Nairobi), the new HR Strategic Business Partner will be close to WFP employees, advise on all HR related issues and ensure WFP employees and managers implement effectively the people policy and the related changes. The HR Strategic Business Partner will further strengthen the client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
- Drive employee engagement and supports the implementation of the Global Staff Survey (GSS) Action plan.
- Manage the delivery of effective on-boarding experiences at Area Office level and at the related Field Offices in close coordination with the hiring manager.
- Communicate and engage on the vision for a performance culture. Ensure awareness about performance management process, tools, systems for all types of contracts in Area Office/Field Offices. Carry out quality assurance of the performance management practices.
- Champion gender mainstreaming and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives in the workplace in alignment with the Country Office Diversity & Inclusion workplan.
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff at the office level have completed all mandatory training and encourage them to peruse non mandatory training related to their functions through our learning platform
Education: A University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Sociology or any other related field, attained from a recognized institution.
Experience: Three years of relevant working experience in Human Resources management and development, customer service, administration gained from reputable organizations. The candidates’ potential, commitment, agility to learn and think strategically are very important for this role.
Knowledge & skills:
- Real interest in HR strategies
- Agile learner, growth mindset and ability to keep themselves abreast of latest trends and best practices
- Resilient and eager to drive positive change
- Committed and clear demonstration of integrity
- Passionate about delivering excellent internal customer service
- Outstanding communicator and presenter who can skillfully transfer important messages and influence different stakeholders
- Keen to coach managers and employees to drive the people agenda
- Courageous, ability to lead difficult conversations
- Expert in using computer MS packages
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English (level C) is a must, including strong writing skill
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract duration: 12 months (extendable)
Please note that this role is opened for Somali nationals only. Please attach a copy of your national ID or national passport when applying.
Please note that this role is not remote based.
APPLICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 3 January 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.