Requisition ID: req40000
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Garowe, Somalia
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion
at IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.