DRC has been operating in Somalia since 1998 using a protection of human rights framework. Somalia is experiencing a devastating humanitarian crisis, with nearly 80% of the population in need of some form of humanitarian assistance. DRC in Somalia is scaling up the operation in emergency response through an integrated approach accessing hard to reach populations.
Overall purpose of the role
The Supply chain Intern (Tracking / archiving) is responsible for scanning, archiving all previous and current supply chain documents and updating and tracking all finalized process.
- Responsibility for Tender receiving. Ensure Bids are received correctly and guides Bidders to submit their offers in the right box as well as completing the clerk procedures related to bid submission and recipient.
- Support Supply chain in archiving and scanning documents whenever is needed.
- Report any shared office supply needs to the Supply Chain.
- Being as a gap filler for fleet or logistic once fleet / logistic officer is absence.
- Scanning and archiving old documents of supply chain and finance.
- Ensure Share point updated, and full documents uploaded to it as per archiving SOPs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Somalia programs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
Experience and technical competencies: ()
- One years of experience in relevant work.
- Somalia is Must, English advance.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Hardworking attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Basic IT skills (computer knowledge)
• High school diploma is essential
Languages: Spoken and written Arabic and Turkmen is essential; English
Contract: 6 Months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance.
Availability: May 2023
Duty station: This position is based in Mogadishu – Somalia
Reporting Line: Supply Chain Manager
Providing equal opportunities, we are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Promoting high standards: DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Application and CV
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Qualified Female candidates highly encouraged to apply.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 25th April 2023.